Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If they meet the requirements sure take them off the red list. If they don’t then they must stay on it until they meet the requirements. Sure I feel sorry for them but we’re fighting like crazy to get the U.K. cases down to enable us, with the help of vaccination to return the U.K. to something like normal. If this means refusing travel to/ from countries with higher case numbers. Then for now. So be it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
(y)
If this means refusing travel to/ from countries with higher case numbers.
As suavecarve said it is the lowest of anyone. As I stated elsewhere they are on the list & won't be removed.It is all political. There are no travellers from Portugal to the UK having come from Brazil.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They voted and got everyone that surrounded Madrid to keep their borders closed until after Easter, because they are the bad boys and last time we had more cases, today it was heaving here the bars and restaurants could open their terraces from last Monday, and with alcohol comes idiot's, so I can see the Valencians causing problems on their own. 🙄🤔 Bob

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
They voted and got everyone that surrounded Madrid to keep their borders closed until after Easter, because they are the bad boys and last time we had more cases, today it was heaving here the bars and restaurants could open their terraces from last Monday, and with alcohol comes idiot's, so I can see the Valencians causing problems on their own. 🙄🤔 Bob
I could be missing something here, but what does this have to do with Portugal being on the red list?
My geography is nowhere near the best but isn’t Madrid in Spain?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now I wonder what the motive is for the person who's started the petition ... own financial interest maybe?

Link Removed

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Now I wonder what the motive is for the person who's started the petition ... own financial interest maybe?

Link Removed
I posted it on behalf of a friend who sent it to us.

She is out in a Portugal With her father. He can’t get back home to the UK, he’s 81.

Flights keep getting cancelled. So she has to take him on a road trip with three dogs. From the Algarve. Through Spain, France, England, Scotland and ferry to the Hebrides.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

She is out in a Portugal With her father. He can’t get back home to the UK, he’s 81.

Flights keep getting cancelled. So she has to take him on a road trip with three dogs. From the Algarve. Through Spain, France, England, Scotland and ferry to the Hebrides.
Be interested to know their circumstances, Portugal residents or UK, on holiday or there for other reasons, travelling during Covid times was discouraged, how have they put themselves in this situation, is there a fear of being classed as an overstayer if in Schengen after 31st March, thats if they were in the Zone at the turn of the year?
I imagine there could be others in a similar situation, the visitors to Spain can leave, follow procedures and get back to the UK....Portugal has closed it borders to Spain.....we have friends who have a second home in southern Portugal in the same situation....their primary residence is Scotland...restrictions and regulations have put them in a very difficult situation...

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Be interested to know their circumstances, Portugal residents or UK, on holiday or there for other reasons, travelling during Covid times was discouraged, how have they put themselves in this situation, is there a fear of being classed as an overstayer if in Schengen after 31st March, thats if they were in the Zone at the turn of the year?
I imagine there could be others in a similar situation, the visitors to Spain can leave, follow procedures and get back to the UK....Portugal has closed it borders to Spain.....we have friends who have a second home in southern Portugal in the same situation....their primary residence is Scotland...restrictions and regulations have put them in a very difficult situation...
The borders are restricted not closed. Non Portuguese are free to cross into Spain to return home.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I could be missing something here, but what does this have to do with Portugal being on the red list?
My geography is nowhere near the best but isn’t Madrid in Spain?
It's pointing out Madrid is Spain's highest Covid area, and many from that area feel they are special and have to be detained, we have loads that have holiday homes here, but you can't keep people locked up forever and considering the covid jab has been given to so few, people have been behaving very good, but after they opened bars and restaurants many forget after a few drinks. 🙄
I know people that live in cities are different to country folk, they like to get out spend the money and are used to crowds, with country folk they for a start know about personal space and are more likely to spot someone up to no good. 🙂

Everyone loves Portugal and like the UK thousands of Spanish motorhomes want to travel , us included but it's obvious that until we have been vaccinated it's not a good idea, everyone needs tourists and everyone wants to get back to normal, but we are happy to stop local until the time is right, and Portugal along with all the other countries will be back to square one as soon as people move around. 🤔 Bob.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
They travelled there when it was allowed and open, around October. He was due to return but developments made that difficult to impossible.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Not sure why she has to do a road trip, I appreciate flights may be getting cancelled but that doesn't mean the only option is a road trip.

If you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK, you will be able to enter. You must quarantine in a government approved hotel for 10 days. You cannot use the Test to Release scheme.

Unless they can show they have quarantined in a non-red list country on the way back via road then they are gonna have to quarantine in a hotel in the UK anyway, same as flying back, or are they hoping to miss out this part?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
nless they can show they have quarantined in a non-red list country on the way back via road then they are gonna have to quarantine in a hotel in the UK anyway, same as flying back, or are they hoping to miss out this part?
If they take more than 10 days getting to the Uk once they have left Portugal the hotel quarantine isn't required.

Are petitions signed by a tiny minority really the way we want to be governed.
:unsure:
Sorry Gus, I generally agree with you, but have I missed something here?
Let me clarify this for those who haven't got it.

17 million voted for Brexit. 16 million didn't 37 million didn't vote at all so 17 million , " a tiny minority" have outed the Uk & the other 53 million, from the EU. This is why you don't have referendums unless they are mandatory.
We allowed a 'tiny minority' to remove us from the EU so I cannot see why we cannot have the Portugese removed from the red list the same way?
It is on par with the 'quorum' at union meetings when the apathetic didn't vote & then wonder why they are on strike ?
& yes hopefully the petition will get up in to the millions .

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
If they take more than 10 days getting to the Uk once they have left Portugal the hotel quarantine isn't required.

Let me clarify this for those who haven't got it.

17 million voted for Brexit. 16 million didn't 37 million didn't vote at all so 17 million , " a tiny minority" have outed the Uk & the other 53 million, from the EU. This is why you don't have referendums unless they are mandatory.
We allowed a 'tiny minority' to remove us from the EU so I cannot see why we cannot have the Portugese removed from the red list the same way?
It is on par with the 'quorum' at union meetings when the apathetic didn't vote & then wonder why they are on strike ?
& yes hopefully the petition will get up in to the millions .
Brexit referendum
Approx 46million entitled to vote...
72%+ turnout
Your twisting of the numbers akin to Abbott Mathematics

Oh, and a referendum is a totally different animal to a petition.

You want change... persuade your MP, get the topic raised in the House of Commons, not the poor relation Westminster Hall debate.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I don't really see what Portugal being an old ally has to do with covid travel restrictions. I think we're on pretty good terms with Australia and NZ but I wouldn't expect that to make any difference to me having to quarantine if I went there. In fact I couldn't because they are restricting travel by non nationals again I don't see how them being a friendly country has anything to do with it.
Surely no one travelled last year expecting there to be no new restrictions on travel it was a personal decision on a gamble. Also we had friends who decided to gamble on Christmas in Portugal and came back when it looked like travel restrictions were likely I would have thought anyone keen to getting back would have done the same.

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Update from GOV.UK for:

Portugal travel advice​

Portugal travel advice

Change made:
The FCDO no longer advises against all but essential travel to Portugal and the autonomous region of Madeira. Updated information on new deconfinement measures from 19 April and the lifting of the flight suspension and quarantine (‘Summary’, ‘Coronavirus’ and ‘Entry requirements’ pages)
Time updated:
5:45pm, 16 April 2021

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Update from GOV.UK for:

Portugal travel advice​

Portugal travel advice

Change made:
The FCDO no longer advises against all but essential travel to Portugal and the autonomous region of Madeira. Updated information on new deconfinement measures from 19 April and the lifting of the flight suspension and quarantine (‘Summary’, ‘Coronavirus’ and ‘Entry requirements’ pages)
Time updated:
5:45pm, 16 April 2021
I think you will find they came off over a month ago.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...emoved-from-england-covid-travel-ban-red-list

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So will Portugal allow us in?

Assuming May 17th loosening goes ahead?

Any ideas where else will have us?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun