My new V8! (1 Viewer)

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Got my V8 done at last. I have a 73 Dodge Minnie-Winnie, and someone had put a 3.7 Slant 6 in it, which was very under powered. I bought an old Dodge 318 V8 (5.2L) from a Ram pickup, tarted it up, and put it in. Wow! It drives so much better:thumb: It will actually accelerate up hill now, where as it used to decelerate:Blush: Sounds good too.

Attachments

• 22062011041.jpg
    22062011041.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 90

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Wow that looks pretty, no stopping you now, the first Rv on the strip running 11 secs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
That looks the dogs dangly`s... looks smashing.. Hope you get many thousands of happy miles out of it.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well done, I do envy you guys that have the skills and patience for projects like rebuilds and engine changes. :thumb:

Sian says I have the patience of a psychopath, and won't even let me attempt to assemble a flat packed piece of furniture for fear that it will get smashed and thrown out the door as I struggle to understand the stupid assembly diagram/instructions written by a dyslectic moron who's mother I hope dies of the pox etc. ect see what I mean ::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
That picture should have the tree huggers throwing themselves off the cliffs in droves.

On the other hand, there's an Arab down the road just ordered himself a new Learjset.

Naaa, it's a 318 it should easy make double figures very economical:thumb::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Double figures? Yep. About 10mpg I reckon! I might lpg it in the future, when I get time to use it more.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we had one in our Champion Titan

Naaa, it's a 318 it should easy make double figures very economical:thumb::ROFLMAO:

Do not know about economical Si.. we had one in our Champion:whatthe: Titan .. Dodge chassis.. we were lucky to get 8 mpg 30'long...A class.

Nice job ..

Bob:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Do not know about economical Si.. we had one in our Champion:whatthe: Titan .. Dodge chassis.. we were lucky to get 8 mpg 30'long...A class.

Nice job ..

Bob:thumb:

I jest Bob, pure motorway we got 13, off it seemed more like gallons per mile so I never worked it out, sufice to say we were about 250 miles between fuel stops, mind you bad tank/filler design ment we couldn't fill the tank as it sloshed out, and stank the van out to boot.

That's what I love about our Winne, 650-700 miles on a tank, at about £250 to fill mind you, but hey who cares it's all about the fun:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Vot ist zis economicals zees peoples speak about?

Bung it in one end chuck it out the other, then start again mpg bugger it

The worst car I ever owned was a 3lt auntie Rover boy that had a drink problem I swapped it out for a dodge charger wth a hemi, and what seemed like more carbs than cylinders, had a ridiculous performance, because it didn't handle, but it was cheaper to run than that Rover :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I had one of them thar Dodge charger R/T things 440 with a six pack with the engine built by Hauser racing, boy did it go, but it had drum brakes they were deadly, wish I had it now tho:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Got my V8 done at last. I have a 73 Dodge Minnie-Winnie, and someone had put a 3.7 Slant 6 in it, which was very under powered. I bought an old Dodge 318 V8 (5.2L) from a Ram pickup, tarted it up, and put it in. Wow! It drives so much better:thumb: It will actually accelerate up hill now, where as it used to decelerate:Blush: Sounds good too.

Thought you might have cleaned it up a bit before you fit it::bigsmile::thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I had one of them thar Dodge charger R/T things 440 with a six pack with the engine built by Hauser racing, boy did it go, but it had drum brakes they were deadly, wish I had it now tho:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

I'll second that bought a couple of Jensen interceptors sp's with that engine in as well they handled much better though.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
B

billet-brain

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
Norwich
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thought you might have cleaned it up a bit before you fit it::bigsmile::thumb:

Actually, it is a bit grubby in that pic, as it has taken us from Norwich to Peterboro and back. When I first put it in, it really was sparkling! I toyed with the idea of a transparent panel in the engine cover, so I could admire it as I drove :thumb:

Talking of drinkers, my car is a Ford F150 doublecab with the Triton V8. Just had it gas converted, and if I drive it sensibly (not easy) it is actually cheaper to run than the two diesel pickups I had before (L200 and Ranger). They did 25mpg, where as this does 18, but on half price fuel :Smile: And it's got luxury and power galore!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back