Norden Farm Campsite Offer, Corfe Castle, Dorset 10-14 May 2021 * Discount ended now * (1 Viewer)

AvalonAdventur

Free Member
Jun 9, 2020
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F A Class
Exp
Hi Karen. Thank you for letting us know. The Avalon Adventurers, ( Andrew and Sharon) will definitely still be coming and we are also contacting Appletree to let them know that we will be going to the New Forest for the revised dates as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Karen, I may be coming if I can work around the dates but will have little grandaughter with me hopefully. Hope to still pop and say hello to people.

Love this campsite. X

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's good to hear that so many of you are still coming along to this one (even with the toilets & showers closed) this year :) - have updated the list on the first post to reflect your feedback so far. In the next few weeks Norden Farm should be checking with everyone & as Cliffyboy asked what might be the dates for next year we have suggested 9-13 May 2022. We have asked Norden Farm about these dates but they will wait to see how things go this year & until their booking system is set up for next year.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Help!

I havn't seen my 5yr old grandaughter (it will be over 18 months) due to lockdown and very little phone contact with her mum and I am hoping that I will be bringing little un to this.

I apologise in advance if I appear ignorant, I am using this as a chance for us to bond again... it has broken my heart being apart so long. It means I won't be mixing much as I want to give herall my attention. She is really excited about coming camping with me. . I have a few questions please.

If it is raining, is Monkey World still viable?

Just checked and it can be ÂŁ45 one way taxi!!!!!! I cant afford that. Are the roads to and the car park there suitable for a 6.6m motorhome? (remembering I do struggle driving it sometimes).

I have to book Monkey world asap as it is limited visitors.

Is the Miniature Village still in Corfe, (walking distance)?

Is there anyway I can take her to the beach for half a day? Bus?

Thank you for any help.. Really nervous planner every time I go to a meet but this one even more nervous.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone age 50 & over (may only apply to those in England) on here & not jabbed yet see Broken Link Removed (y)

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Help!

I havn't seen my 5yr old grandaughter (it will be over 18 months) due to lockdown and very little phone contact with her mum and I am hoping that I will be bringing little un to this.

I apologise in advance if I appear ignorant, I am using this as a chance for us to bond again... it has broken my heart being apart so long. It means I won't be mixing much as I want to give herall my attention. She is really excited about coming camping with me. . I have a few questions please.

Just checked and it can be ÂŁ45 one way taxi!!!!!! I cant afford that. Are the roads to and the car park there suitable for a 6.6m motorhome? (remembering I do struggle driving it sometimes).

Thank you for any help.. Really nervous planner every time I go to a meet but this one even more nervous.
This will be the first time we have attended here so can’t really answer any questions but I noticed that in Wombles first posting she put that Monkey World has motorhome friendly parking.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Help!

Hi Joy - sure others will also add their knowledge of the area - we've only been a couple of times but will try to answer your queries.
Monkey World is almost all outside so not good on a rainy day but parking is motorhome friendly & just off a main road for driving but have a look via Google Maps to make sure that you are happy with the route.
Don't know when the Miniature Village reopens but can remember walking past there from the campsite before - whether it is suited to shorter children's legs as a walk perhaps others can advise?
As mentioned in the first post there is a bus service at the entrance to Norden that goes down to Swanage then can take a connecting bus to Studland & beyond. Hope that helps a little & once there the Reception will be able to help with more detailed info. Whatever you decide to do hope you have a lovely time catching up with your granddaughter.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Joy - sure others will also add their knowledge of the area - we've only been a couple of times but will try to answer your queries.
Monkey World is almost all outside so not good on a rainy day but parking is motorhome friendly & just off a main road for driving but have a look via Google Maps to make sure that you are happy with the route.
Don't know when the Miniature Village reopens but can remember walking past there from the campsite before - whether it is suited to shorter children's legs as a walk perhaps others can advise?
As mentioned in the first post there is a bus service at the entrance to Norden that goes down to Swanage then can take a connecting bus to Studland & beyond. Hope that helps a little & once there the Reception will be able to help with more detailed info. Whatever you decide to do hope you have a lovely time catching up with your granddaughter.
Thank you for your help. Appreciated.

As you say, maybe someone else has driven to Monkeyworld so can say about the roads. Unfortunately, due to Covid, I have to book now so can only hope weather is ok.

I will look Studland up. I am guessing that is a beach.

X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
This will be the first time we have attended here so can’t really answer any questions but I noticed that in Wombles first posting she put that Monkey World has motorhome friendly parking.
Thanks Rosemary. It's also the road to it. I'd be in trouble if it's like the Cornish roads. :(

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Thanks Rosemary. It's also the road to it. I'd be in trouble if it's like the Cornish roads. :(

There is a campsite more or less attached to MonkeyWorld, called Longthornes from memory. Could you not have a night at Longthornes, before / after the Corfe Camping to visit Monkeyworld ? The road to Monkeyworld / Longthornes is an A road from memory.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you for your help. Appreciated.

As you say, maybe someone else has driven to Monkeyworld so can say about the roads. Unfortunately, due to Covid, I have to book now so can only hope weather is ok.

I will look Studland up. I am guessing that is a beach.

X
It’s all main roads from Norden Farm to Monkey World Joy. You won’t have any trouble at all.

There’s a beach at Swanage so I doubt you’d even need to bother with the palaver of changing and going onto Studland.

What about going one way on the little steam train and one way on the bus, I love the train.

Hopefully see you there.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Carolyn that sounds good. :). I'll check how long on the bus back from Swanage as Eden not a good traveller. Is Swanage beach child friendly?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Carolyn that sounds good. :). I'll check how long on the bus back from Swanage as Eden not a good traveller. Is Swanage beach child friendly?
The beach is lovely and clean, sandy and the sea is nice and shallow. You might be better going both ways on the train if Eden is a bad traveller . The bus stop and the train stop are virtually next door to one another, the train is much more fun but less frequent from memory and thinking about it I suppose it will be dearer as it won’t accept bus passes as it’s run by volunteers and is nothing to do with National Rail.

I can’t remember how long it takes to walk from Norden Farm to Corfe, I tend to think it’s not far but I like walking whereas Eden only has little legs. I fancy I remember it as being uphill going there and 30 or 40 minutes. The map is deceiving as the Castle looks just next door to the campsite but the footpath takes you round the West and Southern edge and then up into Corfe itself I think.

I do remember on Jez and Lynn’s first Norden Farm rally some of us walked to Swanage, now that really was a long way!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can confirm we have booked. Noticed not blacked out on list!
Don't worry you were on the list as having booked (y) As the toilet & shower blocks are unlikely to be allowed to be open Norden Farm will be checking with everyone (in the next few weeks) if they are still able & happy to camp & once everyone posts here we are bolding each one. Details on post #77 (you were on the alert list) - if you are happy with this then I'll amend the list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi All :hi: - just had our email from Norden Farm Campsite Reception asking if we are self contained so happy to continue with our booking for this May & we have confirmed :) As they are going through bookings in date order you may have this email now or soon so please let them know if you haven't already. If you want to move your booking to 2022 & want to coincide with next year's dates then that will hopefully be 9-13 May 2022 again in the Pond Field 🤞
Thank you to all who have already posted to say they have booked :hi5:& hope to hear from everyone else once you have decided & confirmed with the Campsite. The list on the first post on this thread will be kept updated.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We’ve had our email and I’ve confirmed we’re coming. Not too long now. Hopefully go somewhere in April for a trial run.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Replied to the e mail today, told them we are coming this year.
Bob and Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back