Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hey,

just had a peek on RVOC where all the kids get with their Yankie toys & they have a poll going on to see if they want to stay connected to MHF .......................... but they haven't asked US if we want them on OUR rallies with their giant machines blocking our sunlight & keeping us from our geriatric slumbers in our euro boxes with great noisy gennies :ROFLMAO:......................any views?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-:sorry2:

I luv 'em really:Smile:

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We're all different, live & let live.

BobT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi,

We also act as windbreaks :ROFLMAO:, and we only had our gennie for 30 mins the whole weekend :yeah:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I don't worry about or criticise what the other man has , that is his choice and presumably he is happy with it as I am with my RV :thumb:

Larry

PS this sounds like a Buttons thread !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
and the current results are........

Leave as it is - stay part of MotorhomeFun ......83.33% or 50 votes

Form a proper club in its own right ..................15% or 9 votes

Something Else which I've outlined in a post ......1.67% or 1 vote

seems like most RVOC,ers are happy as it is :thumb:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Hey,

just had a peek on RVOC where all the kids get with their Yankie toys & they have a poll going on to see if they want to stay connected to MHF .......................... but they haven't asked US if we want them on OUR rallies with their giant machines blocking our sunlight & keeping us from our geriatric slumbers in our euro boxes with great noisy gennies :ROFLMAO:......................any views?

-
-
-
-:sorry2:

I luv 'em really:Smile:

Remember the saying, ' Many a true word is spoken in jest' :whistle:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I think one of the great things that i have always found about Fun is that it has not mattered what people turn up in. Camping is Camping and life on the field is exactly that. I am more interested in the people that are in the unit than the actual unit itself.

I love RV's my self, I have even driven one, Geo let me drive his a couple of years back :Eeek:
However an RV doesn't fit my requirements or my current budget.

This afternoon I spent in a fith wheel which was gorgeous and the occupants loved it. it would not suit me but again I was more interested in the occupants stories.

It's been very rare over the years that an RV V Euro van thread has ever raised it's head, but normally its always been good natured.

So camp drive drag and be happy I say....

:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
got to agree with paul on this.

thats what makes funsters a breed apart.

turn up on a field with a 15 year old caravan and a lot of tuggers will look down their nose......we, on the other hand, dont give a toss :thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I'm not 'camp', don't dress up in ladies attire.. but certainly happy... :roflmto:

seriously ...

the day I or any other Fun or RVOC member is judged by their means of travel is the day I leave Fun .. we are all campers.. end of story.

Well said that man 100% agree Jim still got our old van if ever you need it and that is what BOTH of these sites and the people on them are about not what we drive, I have said a thousand times we all drive what we like and what we can afford, and if that is a converted Iveco so be it :ROFLMAO: Whoops sorry JJ.

Missing you at shows already JJ. :Eeek:

All the best Rick.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I think that if Man Utd fans are allowed to be members of Fun so should RV owners...:ROFLMAO:

Work that one out if you care...::bigsmile:

JJ :Cool:
I think one flipping football supporter is enough:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
I think that if Man Utd fans are allowed to be members of Fun so should RV owners...:ROFLMAO:

Work that one out if you care...::bigsmile:

look out jj man city have got swansea first game would be a shame if u lose to lowly swansea .haha

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have sent copies of the posts on this thread to my people and, after deep and intelligent scrutiny followed by heated discussions, they have advised me that I must make it very, very clear to all Funsters (and any stray Factsters that might be lurking) that I am NOT... repeat NOT... a "camper."

Ok some of you might be campers and fair play to you if you are but living in a luxury motorhome (with an inter-cooler) (for over ten years full time) that has...

1) Hot and cold running water (Malaga 3E triple fuelled water heater) to two sinks and a shower...

2) Central heating (the SB 1800 Carver heater is centrally positioned)...

3) A four ringed Smev cooker with oven, grill, push button ignition (and an interesting collection of left-overs adhering to most surfaces, both horizontal and vertical)...

4) 350 watts of solar power through a Steca PR2020 controller to three, 120 amp. multi-cell, dual purpose batteries...

5) A (highly reviewed) Sterling 50 amp Battery to Battery charger...

6) LED lighting throughout...

7) A Luxury dinette with an "adjustable slope" table device...

8) 200 watt per channel Sony library storage, 2HD Mex stereo system playing through quadruple (plus woofer) Bose speakers.

9) A full-sized single :)cry:) fixed bed with an orthopedic mattress.. .

10) Swivel cab seat with armrests

11) 65 litre 12 volt compresser fridge/freezer...

12) Twin water tanks fully winterised (in so much as they always winter in the Algarve)...

13) A 1000 watt Kipor standby generator back up system

14) Refilleable gas bottle (plus a Calor bottle and an Ebay £35 filling adaptor)

15) A hand cut, mahogany (recycled) parquet floor (soon to be nearly finished)

16) twin wardrodes, eight drawers, and a dvd cupboard...

17) a Multimo sat system.

18) Deadlocks on all doors (when the rear one is fixed).

19) and several Funster Screen stickers...

...CAMPING! :Eeek:

This is not Camping... this, my friends, is living it up in luxurious style... in mobile heaven... in Utopia... Crikey look at the time... I got carried away again...

You go "camping" if you want... not me...

JJ :restmycase::restmycase::restmycase:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
JJ, really surprised you forgot about your fresh water system with water filtered to 0.4 of a micron. Especially as it took you 2 years to fit it and were so excited drawing that first glass of water::bigsmile:

I have sent copies of the posts on this thread to my people and, after deep and intelligent scrutiny followed by heated discussions, they have advised me that I must make it very, very clear to all Funsters (and any stray Factsters that might be lurking) that I am NOT... repeat NOT... a "camper."

Ok some of you might be campers and fair play to you if you are but living in a luxury motorhome (with an inter-cooler) (for over ten years full time) that has...

1) Hot and cold running water (Malaga 3E triple fuelled water heater) to two sinks and a shower...

2) Central heating (the SB 1800 Carver heater is centrally positioned)...

3) A four ringed Smev cooker with oven, grill, push button ignition (and an interesting collection of left-overs adhering to most surfaces, both horizontal and vertical)...

4) 350 watts of solar power through a Steca PR2020 controller to three, 120 amp. multi-cell, dual purpose batteries...

5) A (highly reviewed) Sterling 50 amp Battery to Battery charger...

6) LED lighting throughout...

7) A Luxury dinette with an "adjustable slope" table device...

8) 200 watt per channel Sony library storage, 2HD Mex stereo system playing through quadruple (plus woofer) Bose speakers.

9) A full-sized single :)cry:) fixed bed with an orthopedic mattress.. .

10) Swivel cab seat with armrests

11) 65 litre 12 volt compresser fridge/freezer...

12) Twin water tanks fully winterised (in so much as they always winter in the Algarve)...

14) Refilleable gas bottle (plus a Calor bottle and an Ebay £35 filling adaptor)

15) A hand cut, mahogany (recycled) parquet floor (soon to be nearly finished)

16) twin wardrodes, eight drawers, and a dvd cupboard...

17) a Multimo sat system.

18) Deadlocks on all doors (when the rear one is fixed).

19) and several Funster Screen stickers...

...CAMPING! :Eeek:

This is not Camping... this, my friends, is living it up in luxurious style... in mobile heaven... in Utopia... Crikey look at the time... I got carried away again...

You go "camping" if you want... not me...

JJ :restmycase::restmycase::restmycase:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Not a Honda ? :Eeek::Eeek:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I don't care if people own RV's or a converted icecream van, who is anyone else to judge? It'd be a boring world if we were all the same :Angry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
my heart is with MHF

My heart is with MHF.. started here and very happy here.

While I own an RV and belong to RVOC I voted that there should be no change. I do not want the lines of RV's newest and most expensive going down the line like some RV clubs. I am a Funster first.. RV owner second.

I have lots of friends on MHF (Well I hope) and some of RVOC (less following todays post)... I do not have to impress people on this side of the fence. no one is beating me with a stick which often happens on the otherside of the wall (my personal view Jim).

I like the RVOC, do not get me wrong.. we talk about the same American motorhome issues, much as the European owners do here. But I still feel more comfortable with the MHF. If I had to decide? I would come this side of the fence.

We do not have a JJ in the RVOC.. or others like him.. more the shame.

Bob:Blush:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am a bit strange on this one.

We have a new van but I yearn for one of the older Hymers. I was parked next to one last year near Le Mans and I was very jealous.

Just need to work on the wife.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
My heart is with MHF.. started here and very happy here.

While I own an RV and belong to RVOC I voted that there should be no change. I do not want the lines of RV's newest and most expensive going down the line like some RV clubs. I am a Funster first.. RV owner second.

I have lots of friends on MHF (Well I hope) and some of RVOC (less following todays post)... I do not have to impress people on this side of the fence. no one is beating me with a stick which often happens on the otherside of the wall (my personal view Jim).

I like the RVOC, do not get me wrong.. we talk about the same American motorhome issues, much as the European owners do here. But I still feel more comfortable with the MHF. If I had to decide? I would come this side of the fence.

We do not have a JJ in the RVOC.. or others like him.. more the shame.

Bob:Blush:

I agree with most of what you say whole heartedly, But whats this bloody fence bit, I see no fence at all, just MHF are more euro van discussions and RVOC more American, I see it as one club with two websites, we both have freinds and associates with euro vans and American, I do not distinguish between the two.

All the best Rick ex 1200 VW split screen owner :ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Well as I always say, describe what we do to a Martian! and you'll soon realise that there is no difference what vehicle you do it in!

Motorhomes are like religion, what I beleive is best doesn't make me right or wrong, and it doesn't mean that I wont change my mind later in life!

Eddie
:Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ, really surprised you forgot about your fresh water system with water filtered to 0.4 of a micron. Especially as it took you 2 years to fit it and were so excited drawing that first glass of water::bigsmile:

Damn... you are right Jim... got so much refinement on board I overlooked that one... sorry!

Not a Honda ? :Eeek::Eeek:

How could I have afforded my Cup Final tickets if I had wasted all that money on a Honda :ROFLMAO:

Haven't you got that fixed yet? Thought you were going to Iveco from Stratford :roflmto:

Man plans, Graham, and God laughes... was called to Borehamwood!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back