Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hello all. :)

Whilst happy with the picture quality of our Avtex 16DRS TV, which we inherited with the MH, Rita and I are looking to replace it now with something larger.
We are currently looking at...............

1. Avtex L219DRS - Pro. @ £393 (cheapest price found).

2. Falcon S4DBTS, plus sound bar @ £320 inclusive.

3. Sniper Travel TV, plus sound bar @ £268 inclusive.

We have no experience if either Falcon or Sniper, however, my research indicates that both offerings are the very same TV, and we do know a couple who are very happy with their 2 x Falcon. TVs.
Whilst price isn't the all important factor, it certainly helps. ;)

Any valid input is welcome thanks.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The lovely DP+JAY recommended one for me, but I can't remember the name and my van is in storage but it had a lovely picture. Hope they see this post.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I had a cheap TV one once. It worked OK but the picture was not so good.
Avtex is designed for people on the move, I believe, so I expect it does that better than others which are expected to be set up just once, then used. Our cheap one survived our travelling, OK, but had a noticeably poor screen. I suspect it may not have been as good at pulling-in a reception, but how would I be able to draw comparison? You may not get what you pay for in proportion but I consider Avtex to be one of the best from my limited experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are happy with our Falcon tv. The 19inch has bluetooth, the 22 inch doesn't so you have to use a wire with the soundbar. At least that was the case when me and Micknmew got ours 3 yrs ago.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Had a Falcon with ‘bar in my Adria
It wasnt “smart” tv but never let me down

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I had a cheap TV one once. It worked OK but the picture was not so good.
Avtex is designed for people on the move, I believe, so I expect it does that better than others which are expected to be set up just once, then used. Our cheap one survived our travelling, OK, but had a noticeably poor screen. I suspect it may not have been as good at pulling-in a reception, but how would I be able to draw comparison? You may not get what you pay for in proportion but I consider Avtex to be one of the best from my limited experience.
Thanks. :) We had a 19" Kogan Combi TV in the Hymer (read Cello/Ferguson), which had quite a good picture, but a terrible tinny sound. :( We had to add a satellite receiver, which isn't an option in the Flair, hence looking for a larger "all in one" replacement for the current "all in one" TV.

We are happy with our Falcon tv. The 19inch has bluetooth, the 22 inch doesn't so you have to use a wire with the soundbar. At least that was the case when me and Micknmew got ours 3 yrs ago.
Sandra, the 22" does have Bluetooth now (in brands 2 & 3 above), hence the facility to link headphones or a sound bar. (y)

I asked very similar a while ago as we wanted a bigger tv, almost went for the Aldi tv but ended up buying another Avtex.
It's because I've not seen many favourable comments about the latest Avtex TVs, which has prompted me to look at their competition. :(

Cheers,

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I bought a cheap one that failed quite quickly, just bad luck???

I went with an Avtex L249DRS-PRO.......expensive for what it is, but it’s been great and their support is probably the best I’ve ever come across anywhere.

I should have bit the bullet and got one in the first place.

It has next to no bezel round the screen so is physically hardly any bigger than the 21” it replaced.....but has more screen and one touch tuning👍🏼

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Had a Falcon with ‘bar in my Adria
It wasnt “smart” tv but never let me down
No, those above aren't smart either, but we have an Amazon 4K Firestick which sorts that one out. ;-)

Cheers,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Are you still using the sat dish and tuner in the TV?
We now have a 27 inch Avtex smart TV, and worked well in Germany on our last trip, great picture and sound is good with the Avtex sound bar.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Might help if you stated what you want to use it for/connect it to...
It's all in the 3 x links I provided in the opening post. ;) We are welcoming input regarding our listed choices thanks, as that's what our research has narrowed it down to. (y)

I power mine from the Avtex USB port, so it powers up and down with the tv👍🏼
That's handy Anth, and worth remembering thanks :) as that will free up the USB socket I installed in the habitation area, which currently powers the Firestick.

We now have a 27 inch Avtex smart TV, and worked well in Germany on our last trip, great picture and sound is good with the Avtex sound bar.
Yes Martin, still in regular use thanks. (y) We love the picture quality of the 16" Avtex you left for us, but we are struggling to read any text which comes up on the screen, (and no, we're not going to specsavers :LOL: ), and that's the main reason we want to go bigger.
It's good to know that you and Jen are also happy with your new Avtex system. :)

Cheers,

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I have an Avtex with an Amazon firestick. It works well.

No one has mentioned Cello. They do 12v, so might be worth a look.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I have an Avtex with an Amazon firestick. It works well.

No one has mentioned Cello. They do 12v, so might be worth a look.

Yes, we do as well. We just need to go for a bigger screen.

Sorry, but the Cello is not for us. :(

Cheers,

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
You must have a reason why? I know nothing about them, but must have heard of them through this or similar motorhome sites

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
You must have a reason why? I know nothing about them, but must have heard of them through this or similar motorhome sites
Our experience of Cello/Kogan/Curry's (same TVs, just different badging), is the quality of sound, or rather the lack of it. :(

Cheers,

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
Our experience of Cello/Kogan/Curry's (same TVs, just different badging), is the quality of sound, or rather the lack of it. :(

Cheers,

I have used a Cello Tv for the last four years without complaint about picture or sound! I sold it with my last van so will be buying another Cello TV tomorrow as the new van arrived yesterday!
22inch tv with satellite and terrestrial tuners and ability to “cast” picture from my tablet onto TV! All this for £170!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Obviously your previous occupation helped you become an expert on watching TV and assessing their performance, now get your gear on and get back on the yard lol - happy days becoming more and more distant every day .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
I bought an E-Star 12v TV off Amazon. Good picture quality and has built in FreeSat and FreeView receivers. I've used the FreeView succesfully, got problems with the FreeSat but they aren't, I think, anything to do with the TV, more likely the old Snipe Dish I inherited with the van. Currently £161.12 here:

Amazon product ASIN B0867BTYB6

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
Obviously your previous occupation helped you become an expert on watching TV and assessing their performance, now get your gear on and get back on the yard lol - happy days becoming more and more distant every day .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
MisterB Are you pi&&ed or me?
What are you trying and failing to infer?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
MisterB Are you pi&&ed or me?
What are you trying and failing to infer?
It's not a comment to you, it's to Jock ... He will understand the references to watching TV and being told he should be out on the yard ....

Just because someone makes a post after a post, it doesn't always mean it's referring to the post immediately before ... It was referring to the OP's post !!

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Double post

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have just purchased the avtex 21 inch smart tv and for the life of me can not get it to find my huawei WiFi box

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Cheers,

Had Cello's in last van and current one never had a problem with the sound but I always wire the sound to the head unit. :LOL:

The Sat receiver is a bit naff, when you change satellites it takes about 25 min
to retune & it loses all your favourites I use a seperate receiver.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I have just purchased the avtex 21 inch smart tv and for the life of me can not get it to find my huawei WiFi box
Kelv,
We had exactly the same problem. Ended up phoning Avtex technical support. He basically talked us through turning the wifi settings on and off which we thought we had done... told us to turn off tv altogether.... then hey presto all worked fine. Give them a call on Monday as like us you might find your tv software needs updating too.. they can send you a file.... nothing seemed logical as to why it worked when he talked us through it and not when we did it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back