12 V Cooling off fan but which one to buy (1 Viewer)

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
Cooling Off

Just wondering what you all use to keep cool in the heat .
I have cab aircon which is great on the move but clearly no use whatsoever when parked up.
I intend to be doing quite a few aires this year so some sort of 12 volt cooling fan would be great particularly a slow speed/ low noise one for the night time . Is there such a 12 volt low((ish) consumption machine out there.
The best I've seen so far is the ÂŁ90 'Endless Breeze' 12 volt fan which is rated at 1.2A at slow speed , I suspect this is still rather noisy even at slow speed though.
Of course I could just go for the cheap and cheerful lorry driver type dash mounted ebay fans but how effective are they really I wonder and are they power guzzlers ?

Thanks

Wyn

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Of course I could just go for the cheap and cheerful lorry driver type dash mounted ebay fans
Wyn

Very effective. Horrendously noisy so in the end they don't take much current.

That Endless Breeze has cropped up before, partly for price. Try a search or a Google ( which will pick up FACTS replies ).

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had a couple of the lorry style ones in my last van. They are quite effective but also quite (very) noisy so unsuitable for night time use.

Fiamma or someone used to do a solar powered one that replaced a roof vent. This was supposed to be quiet and cold be used at night as it had a built in rechargeable battery. It used nothing from your battery.

Or some fans here

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Enldless Breeze everytime. I have three Fantastic Fans fitted which are made by the same people, but the stand alone unit is excellent

I have wasted loads of money over the years on different types

Eddie

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Last year we took an office desktop mains fan and ran it off a 150W inverter. It was very effective and cheap as we had it stored in the loft.

If I were buying a 12V fan specifically for the motorhome, it would be an Endless Breeze without doubt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back