Daffodils (2 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Hooray our daffodils are making an appearance at last.
E57E7AD2-3736-47AA-8246-44C0832B0E43.jpeg

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Crocus but they look stretched in the shallow put.
Our front patch of grass, motorhome not quite in either shot. Daffodils a bit slow of the mark but snowdrops and crocuses well out

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 23
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
My daffs have all come up blind!
Only 1 bud between the lot of them. May be time to dig the lot out and sling them.

OP
OP
Mountain man
Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Only 1 bud between the lot of them. May be time to dig the lot out and sling them.
Is it possible your cutting them back before they have a chance to die back themselves.If so then they loose there strength and stop flowering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
How long will they live? Should I repot them?
Don't repot them now whilst in flower. They don't flower for that long. Maybe bring the pot into the light sooner next year as they are a bit stringy through reaching out for light. They are still beautiful though. Love the colour.
You need to let the leaves die down to put strength back into the bulbs for next year. If they look messy, you can cut the flowers off and just twist the handful of leaves into elastic bands until they have dies and started to brown.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our garden is normally about a month behind our neighbours as some of it is around a foot lower so stays 'cooler', ie retains the cool air, consequently we get a late flourish of all of our plants normally but then have the benefit that they last well into autumn. Saying that some snowdrops and miniature daffs that have come out already as well as a few crocus and prims, also one Bergenia plant seems to have gone silly and flowered too! Can't wait for the hyacinths, standard daffs and giant snowdrops to come out, the leaves are up already but no flower stalks as yet.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Here in S. of Poland although on the same latitude as London we will be lucky to see anything flowering before end of March. In Barnes, London we used to see crocuses around the pond in late Jan. My neighbour had a Japanese tree which bloomed in Dec.

It is one thing that I do not like about being so far East.

Oh, plus the current Polish Government which is so right-wing that it thinks that it does not have to obey the Rule of Law. I am not alone, as Basia and most of her friends think the same, but the less well educated country folk, a lot of whom can only receive the government-controlled TV channel, voted them in.

Sorry - thread drift.

Geoff

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well the last few days of sunshine and a bit more warmth has worked wonders, more of the Bergenia plants have come into flower, plus some flower stalks pushing up on various bulbs and some standard daffs flower stalks are now well and truly pushing their way up, another few days and they'll be in flower! Lots of shrubs putting out leaf buds too and groundcover plants such as periwinkle have got some flowers out as well ... roll on summer!

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Many years ago as a young fella trying to make a pound or two l used to visit Auctions doing a bit of buying and selling (no internet then) l was actually awaiting a particular lot coming up which was a late lot number and whilst waiting a number of sacks of Daffodil bulbs came up and l finished up buying them probably because they were an oddment at the type of auction it was and they were cheap.
At the time we had just moved into a Brand New house it would be classed as a starter home today all young people and about sixty houses,l bagged the Daffodils up into bags of a dozen (12) and knocked on all the doors over about a week so l caught everyone and l cannot remember anyone not buying them and l did make a tidy profit.
At the time you might have got a bit of lawn but the borders were bare, fast forward a year and the road was awash with Daffodils in the Spring and the bright yellow really looked fantastic along the 300 metres of the roads length. I often wonder if they are still flowering as itā€™s some fifty years ago.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just goes to show how far were behind.(Highlands)
It's said, (and don't ask me who) that Spring marches (North in the case of the UK) at the speed of a marching man.
I reckon about 7 weeks between mid Cornwall and say the Highlands North of the Caledonian Canal.

OP
OP
Mountain man
Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
It's said, (and don't ask me who) that Spring marches (North in the case of the UK) at the speed of a marching man.
I reckon about 7 weeks between mid Cornwall and say the Highlands North of the Caledonian Canal.
I will put up picture of the daffodils if they flower before then.

OP
OP
Mountain man
Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
There not dead just finished for this year .they will reappear next year gives you something to look forward to.
1616249159572.png

Right they're in šŸ‘Œ had to fish them out the bin. Ann says they're dead šŸ¤£

View attachment 475200
Get some soil over them also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread