Fiamma awning problem (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
I have a fiamma 65 wind out awning which needs adjustment but I’m not sure how. I’ve looked at all the online videos but can’t find an answer.
Basically when I start turning the handle, nothing moves, but if I reach up and pull the awning at either end it seems to release and the awning drops . I can then continue winding and the awning rolls out perfectly. It’s only the initial release and drop that doesn’t seem to work. I’ve greased and oiled everywhere, and adjusted the top bolt either side to ensure the awning is coming out as level as possibl, but am wondering if it’s just perseverance with the same two bolts, or is there any other adjustment I should be looking at. On winding the awning in it goes all the way back without any problem into the fully closed position either end.
Thanks

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Mine's the same but I assume it's because when you have wound it in the last 1/4 turn of the winding handle locks the front bar into place (with an audible click/crunch noise). When starting to wind it out I have to use a fair bit of ooomph on the handle to 'unlock' the locking mechanism for the front bar.

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
pardon me for hijacking this thread, but mine has the same problem as above but also a different problem when i wind in - i can’t pull out the handle, despite twisting it around and pushing in every way possible? Eventually it gets there but it’s a problem every time. Anyone think this is a fixable problem or just time for a like-for-like replacement?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The awning uses its own weight to extend out as you turn the winder. your awning will be catching on the casing somewhere. not sure you can aDJUST THAT OUT IT MAY BE JUST NORMAL WARE AND TEAR in the jounts of the extending arms.
mine opens about a2cm then stops so i just move it with the winder rod and then start winding again.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have a fiamma 65 wind out awning which needs adjustment but I’m not sure how. I’ve looked at all the online videos but can’t find an answer.
Basically when I start turning the handle, nothing moves, but if I reach up and pull the awning at either end it seems to release and the awning drops . I can then continue winding and the awning rolls out perfectly. It’s only the initial release and drop that doesn’t seem to work. I’ve greased and oiled everywhere, and adjusted the top bolt either side to ensure the awning is coming out as level as possibl, but am wondering if it’s just perseverance with the same two bolts, or is there any other adjustment I should be looking at. On winding the awning in it goes all the way back without any problem into the fully closed position either end.
Thanks

pardon me for hijacking this thread, but mine has the same problem as above but also a different problem when i wind in - i can’t pull out the handle, despite twisting it around and pushing in every way possible? Eventually it gets there but it’s a problem every time. Anyone think this is a fixable problem or just time for a like-for-like replacement?
Lubricating the mechanism helps most of those issues

OP
OP
RGCH999
Feb 5, 2016
South Wales UK
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XLB
Exp
8 years
I seem to have resolved the issues. Plent of lubrication to start with. Then I adjusted the top bolts on the arms at the ridge end. Whereas because the awning was rolling out unevenly, the previous owner had tightened the bolt so there was very little up and down movement in the top joint, and so the the awning wasn’t quite closing on the one side. Slackened it off, which allowed some up and down movement and now it closes perfectly and opens straight away. It took a lot of playing around but got there in the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back