Rally Chat Avon Bank Meadows - Events this year (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

As a result of the Gov's decision as to when and what we are allowed to do this year, me and Mrs Emmit have been in discussion for events going forward.

We appreciate that some of you will be disappointed with the decision we've made but to misquote Abraham Lincoln,

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”​

The Funsters who lost out on 'Easter at Avon Bank' in 2020 were prevented from attending because of COVID.
We transferred them to 'Easter at Avon Bank' 2021. Once again they have been prevented from attending this event.

We have decided to offer those above attendees the opportunity to attend the temporary Campsite to coincide with the Pershore Plum Festival 2021. NB We don't yet know whether this event is going ahead. We can but hope.)
I/We appreciate that our decision will cause disappointment to those of you who were hoping to put your names down for this event. It might be that we have a place or two after the Easter attendees, (and the Reserves) have had a chance to say yes. If that occurs we will have another decision to make. We appreciate that we are, "Damned if we do, damned if we don't."

NB The reserve list for the Easter event is closed.

Now for some good news.

As soon as Boris got off his lectern, we contacted Avon Bank and managed to get another week for the Funsters.

This Temporary Campsite will take place from Monday 23rd July to Monday 30th July. We appreciate the 'Little Darlings' will be out of school but as this site is 'Adults Only' because of the river, that should not impact on us.

I will post this event on 'Scheduled Rallies' as soon as I am able.

Whilst I welcome comments, Good or Bad, we will once again operate a specific date for you to put your names down to attend that event. ie We will not be accepting names on here for the July event.

Kindest Regards

Derek and Mary aka Emmit

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Derek & Mary Emmit
The dates you have been offered are incorrect, do you mean 23 - 30 Aug or
26 July to 2nd aug?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

As a result of the Gov's decision as to when and what we are allowed to do this year, me and Mrs Emmit have been in discussion for events going forward.

We appreciate that some of you will be disappointed with the decision we've made but to misquote Abraham Lincoln,

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”​

The Funsters who lost out on 'Easter at Avon Bank' in 2020 were prevented from attending because of COVID.
We transferred them to 'Easter at Avon Bank' 2021. Once again they have been prevented from attending this event.

We have decided to offer those above attendees the opportunity to attend the temporary Campsite to coincide with the Pershore Plum Festival 2021. NB We don't yet know whether this event is going ahead. We can but hope.)
I/We appreciate that our decision will cause disappointment to those of you who were hoping to put your names down for this event. It might be that we have a place or two after the Easter attendees, (and the Reserves) have had a chance to say yes. If that occurs we will have another decision to make. We appreciate that we are, "Damned if we do, damned if we don't."

NB The reserve list for the Easter event is closed.

Now for some good news.

As soon as Boris got off his lectern, we contacted Avon Bank and managed to get another week for the Funsters.

This Temporary Campsite will take place from Monday 23rd July to Monday 30th July. We appreciate the 'Little Darlings' will be out of school but as this site is 'Adults Only' because of the river, that should not impact on us.

I will post this event on 'Scheduled Rallies' as soon as I am able.

Whilst I welcome comments, Good or Bad, we will once again operate a specific date for you to put your names down to attend that event. ie We will not be accepting names on here for the July event.

Kindest Regards

Derek and Mary aka Emmit
NB. Slight Correction. The dates are correct HOWEVER, it is FRIDAY 23RD JULY TO FRIDAY 30TH JULY.
Derek & Mary Emmit
The dates you have been offered are incorrect, do you mean 23 - 30 Aug or
26 July to 2nd aug?
Thank you for that. Usually we book a Monday to Monday with Avon Bank. This one is Friday 23rd July to Friday 30th July.
When it gets to 'Scheduled Rallies' the dates AND days will be correct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Might be able to get there on way back from south coast. Will consult with management 1st though.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Might be able to get there on way back from south coast. Will consult with management 1st though.
As is our usual practice, we will publish the opportunity for all to read about the event in Scheduled Rallies forum with a specified time, (usually a week or so later) to book a place. That way, every Funster gets the chance to consult mates and Management, (not necessarily in that order!) and get a chance to put their names down.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As is our usual practice, we will publish the opportunity for all to read about the event in Scheduled Rallies forum with a specified time, (usually a week or so later) to book a place. That way, every Funster gets the chance to consult mates and Management, (not necessarily in that order!) and get a chance to put their names down.
Thank you, I will be checking the Rally pages daily again for both the Pershore and the new Avon Bank rallies. We didn’t put ourselves on the reserve list for Easter as we were hoping precious son might have been able to visit from London. ”My cunning plan” failed! Thank you for all your hard work though in organising all these.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just in case it affects anyone, this now clashes with the new dates for the Stratford show. :(
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can c*ck up dates.
Go on the Stratford site and under their Banner headline;

STRATFORD Caravan & Motorhome Show, Stratford Racecourse 23rd-25th July 2021​

Camping is available from Monday 3rd May until 10th May. Campers also get FREE entry to the show and you can enjoy 3 nights of live entertainment, a licensed bar and a variety of food

Day visitors the show starts Friday 7th May – Sunday 9th May

Ooops!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Following on from carolyn 's succinct and factual post, (See above), I report the following;

Tonight, I received a 'phone call from Lisa, the owner of Avon Bank Meadows.

She was full of remorse and couldn't say Sorry enough but she went on to tell me that she had made
a double booking to our detriment and we now could not attend Avon Bank on the 23rd July AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!!!

I won't go into reams but changing our dates involved me NOT being in France for Bastille Day and having to amend our booking with BF. I am pleased to inform all Funsters that we have obtained a New Booking with Avon Bank.

Our 'New dates' for the Temporary Campsite are Monday 12th July to Monday 19th July.

The upside for Funsters is that those who intend going to the Stratford Caravan and Motorhome Show run by Appletree and Stewarded by toledo can come to our 'Do' (if they get a place) and move seamlessly on to Stratford on the 19th July

AS USUAL, I AM NOT TAKING BOOKINGS NOW. I WILL PLACE THE EVENT IN SCHEDULED RALLIES AT A LATER DATE.

I apologise for the confusion that HAS been caused.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just to clarify then ,for those booked on the Easter Avon Bank,which is now cancelled,which dates are they being transferred to,assuming it suits etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back