Million Pound Mega Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I'm in need of a stiff drink, £60 a night for a site, I nearly had a heart attack, there wasn't even any grass.
Me too Lenny!
No Grass maybe but I'll bet there was a nice line of Coke to be had off those 5 star luxury marble toilet worktops.:giggle:
Well the site owners did mention that Footballers and showbiz types used the site. :whistle2:
LES

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
omg another bit of snobery on fun
Tbf I can see Baileys every day of the week. I wanted to see things that were different. It just happened that the section about Baileys was where I decided the programme was boring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Tbf I can see Baileys every day of the week. I wanted to see things that were different. It just happened that the section about Baileys was where I decided the programme was boring.
Possibly the programme title was slightly misleading Jon I don't honestly think you missed much though, a fleeting glimpse of a Volkner Performance being built with full "wall out" not just slide outs, that is a genuine "million pound motorhome" and pretty "Mega" as well.

This is an interesting read on the big three from Schlusselfeld area, I just read it in Google Chrome as a second browser set to translate from German.

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
1. Middling programme tho nice to see a prog about my leisure hobby
2. I’ve owned a Bailey ( from new ) since 2013 and we love it , it’s had its moments and foibles over the years .
3. Snobbery on TV is never a good look
4. I’ve been to Concierge and it was fabulous
5. 14 motorhomes in 14 years ......... really ? I realise it’s his money to waste / fritter away but it does suggest poor fiscal judgement but as the saying goes “ a wise man and his money are not easily parted “
It’s not something I would appear on TV to tell the nation.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I think this motorhome is far more impressive than any shown on the program

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 10.02.29.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
2. I’ve owned a Bailey ( from new ) since 2013 and we love it , it’s had its moments and foibles over the years .
5. 14 motorhomes in 14 years ......... really ? I realise it’s his money to waste / fritter away but it does suggest poor fiscal judgement but as the saying goes “ a wise man and his money are not easily parted “
Or he could of bought pre-loved vans used them for a year done a bit of tidying up and titivating and sold at a profit and start again, maybe the last one blows all his profit ;) just another way of looking at it.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
14 motorhomes in 14 years ......... really ? I realise it’s his money to waste / fritter away but it does suggest poor fiscal judgement but as the saying goes “ a wise man and his money are not easily parted “
If persons like / want change it does not indicate poor judgement or being a fool.

The same as persons who are consisered measured and shrewd are not misers

We are all different - thank god - as a walk around the rally field suggests

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If persons like / want change it does not indicate poor judgement or being a fool.

I know they portayed him as being fussy but I know many of the Alans purchases were just part of his quest to get better and better vans, He also comes across a lot of vans for sale and knows a bargain when he sees one. He's a very shrewd businessman, I'm sure he has had some losses on that ownership journey but I'd bet they've been few.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Tanya_and_Mick You know what they say Mick 😉 it's not what you're got it's how you use it. 😁

We keep thinking about loading the motorhome and having a few days away, we made a start and washed it after the red morrocan dust, it's now covered in yellow pollen. 🤔 Bob

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I enjoyed the show after watching it on catchup last night. Eagerly awaiting more of the same.

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
When i bought my first camper you might see one other in two weeks holiday sites would turn you away but it was real camping happy days

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Jensons buttons Rv i was looking at that apx 10 years ago stingray rv's was selling it.

It was beautiful one of the best rvs I've been in.

At the time it was for sale at £120,000 way way out of my league
Met a german couple on the Moselle last year who were trying to buy that exact one.
There was an issue with the length of it that prevented them from buying it.
Boy, could the wife drink !!!!! We got told off for being too noisy.

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
There you go then ,a million dollar motorhome
Bespoke and built to order

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp

Tanya_and_Mick You know what they say Mick 😉 it's not what you're got it's how you use it. 😁

We keep thinking about loading the motorhome and having a few days away, we made a start and washed it after the red morrocan dust, it's now covered in yellow pollen. 🤔 Bob
Ditto, but we missed the last red dust storm as it went north of us - we should try and meet on the road when our part of the world starts spinning in the right direction...

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Unfortunately there’s nothing else they can do so they have been parked up since March last year 😞 They have to be driven 60km a month for maintenance purposes.
2000k every day?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I would say Alan is a very wise man who has worked hard for his money. Those that know him love him. He is a very generous man both with money and his time. He doesn't give up where others would. A good bit of advertising for his firm DMS. Well done on that Alan.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Possibly the programme title was slightly misleading Jon I don't honestly think you missed much though, a fleeting glimpse of a Volkner Performance being built with full "wall out" not just slide outs, that is a genuine "million pound motorhome" and pretty "Mega" as well.

This is an interesting read on the big three from Schlusselfeld area, I just read it in Google Chrome as a second browser set to translate from German.
It is . Am I reading correctly that Morelo want to develop a lower priced range?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

have you been to Morocco this year? I've been wondering whether the ferries are running again.

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
We are booked on an Emperor pitch at Concierge Camping for 7 nights over the New Year 2021-22 as it looks like a fantastic site. We certainly have no delusions of grandeur. Planning a Britstop on the way down and back home again👍🏻
Can recommend it. We had one in December and the log burner was most welcome. They really have taken 'camping' to another level. It certainly ain't cheap, but there is a reason for that.

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
I was surprised that Iveco driver felt he had to stay on C/camping to meet with the right sort of people, I thought one if the best things about about Motorhoming and camping in general is meeting all sorts and not knowing who or what they are.
I have to admit that I was put off a bigger rig after watching a couple roll up to a walled garden site in Northumberland in an N& B and spend 40mins trying to park on grass , then spending the whole weekend sat in the thing watching TV. I didn’t see the point. At least we in our little PVC could drive off visit places see the sights, take pictures, have a snack and return to camp later.
Each to their own 😉
Me too Lenny!
No Grass maybe but I'll bet there was a nice line of Coke to be had off those 5 star luxury marble toilet worktops.:giggle:
Well the site owners did mention that Footballers and showbiz types used the site. :whistle2:
LES
Yeah.. I've stayed at that site too and I'm just a regular Joe. The owners are really nice folk, certainly not poe-faced at all. Its certainly well appointed and even has a nice machine that cleans out your toilet cassette for a quid.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Yeah.. I've stayed at that site too and I'm just a regular Joe. The owners are really nice folk, certainly not poe-faced at all. Its certainly well appointed and even has a nice machine that cleans out your toilet cassette for a quid.
Blimey they certainly know how to cream it, you pay all that money to say there then they find ways of charging you even more.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I would say Alan is a very wise man who has worked hard for his money. Those that know him love him. He is a very generous man both with money and his time. He doesn't give up where others would. A good bit of advertising for his firm DMS. Well done on that Alan.
Quite agree, well done Alan you deserve it, only those that know you will understand 😉 but you will always be a Legend 👍
Even though still in my head is Lynn Ash 😉 saying ................ Leg End. 😁
Enjoy your new toy, last time our paths crossed was at the city of Europe, looking forward to the next time and getting the tour. 😎 Bob.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I know they portayed him as being fussy but I know many of the Alans purchases were just part of his quest to get better and better vans, He also comes across a lot of vans for sale and knows a bargain when he sees one. He's a very shrewd businessman, I'm sure he has had some losses on that ownership journey but I'd bet they've been few.
Is that Uncle Alan?

Reactions: DMS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back