Disposing of grey water (2 Viewers)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
No. There are dedicated elsan dump points just for toilet ("black") waste. You usually can't dump grey and black waste in the same place.
Hi, I was thinking more along the lines of using it as wheeled bucket.
Mike

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I occasionally flush out the cassette from the grey water outlet if there is no water supply to do it otherwise.

But it's not really "good form" to empty your grey into a WC disposal, especially if it's a septic tank - fills it up unnecesserally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
How do you collect your shower water?
Washing up bowl is low enough to fit under waste tap, fill bowl, empty into bucket, repeat until bucket full, empty bucket.......repeat as necessary. Not ideal for long term but works ok.

We don't need to do this as we don't use the shower in our camper and we move often enough to empty the waste tank over proper waste water disposal points.

Washing up water doesn't go in tank, usually use site facilities, when not on site it is disposed of thoughtfully.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Washing up bowl is low enough to fit under waste tap, fill bowl, empty into bucket, repeat until bucket full, empty bucket.......repeat as necessary. Not ideal for long term but works ok.

We don't need to do this as we don't use the shower in our camper and we move often enough to empty the waste tank over proper waste water disposal points.

Washing up water doesn't go in tank, usually use site facilities, when not on site it is disposed of thoughtfully.
That’s exactly how I do it. As you say not ideal but in the odd instance where I don’t want to move the van it works.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Our Wastemaster wouldn't fit underneath :frowny:
Ebayed.
You could try a length of hose from the outlet of the waste tank to the Wastemaster. My own van has a dedicated hose to lock onto the outlet so that I can place it into the drain. I often when arriving home park it over a street drain to empty the tank there or if parked on the drive, over the grass at my front, not the verge

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Us RV'ers are equipped with Highway Waste Disposal " HWD" Once up to temperature the system pumps black and grey water from the holding tanks into a macerator which grinds up the Poo and paper and injects it at high pressure straight into the two exhaust manifolds, instantly vaporising 90% of the fecal matter blowing it harmlessly out of the back of the RV

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Us RV'ers are equipped with Highway Waste Disposal " HWD" Once up to temperature the system pumps black and grey water from the holding tanks into a macerator which grinds up the Poo and paper and injects it at high pressure straight into the two exhaust manifolds, instantly vaporising 90% of the fecal matter blowing it harmlessly out of the back of the RV
Sounds a good system but means a major change where most European Motorhome’s do not have a black tank.
However, the idea of trickling on the road from the grey tank is just not on in most people’s view including the general non camping fraternity. I am always a bit wary of using the campsite bushes even if the owners approve

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sounds a good system but means a major change where most European Motorhome’s do not have a black tank.
However, the idea of trickling on the road from the grey tank is just not on in most people’s view including the general non camping fraternity. I am always a bit wary of using the campsite bushes even if the owners approve
I think that you'll find that most people:-

• Approve of letting grey water dribble out as they drive
  • Think that "A" Frames are legal in Europe
  • Know that you need a Rolex and £2K in cash before your broken into
  • Believe that the Gassing Myth is "true"
  • That the Caravan & Motorhome Club is a "Club"

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I think that you'll find that most people:-

• Approve of letting grey water dribble out as they drive
  • Think that "A" Frames are legal in Europe
  • Know that you need a Rolex and £2K in cash before your broken into
  • Believe that the Gassing Myth is "true"
  • That the Caravan & Motorhome Club is a "Club"
🤔......🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅..ho

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
So 10% of your sh!te gets blasted over the guy behind!! Love the idea!! Where can I get one fitted!! And can you get one that varies the percentage? ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:

On the main issue, I got a supplementary side hose fitted to the grey tank so I can attach a hose to a grey water disposal point. This also means I can direct the grey water straight down into a roadside drain if I need to, but I haven't had to yet.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
So 10% of your sh!te gets blasted over the guy behind!! Love the idea!! Where can I get one fitted!! And can you get one that varies the percentage? ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile: ::bigsmile:
There is an optional remote controlled "nozzle" so you can direct it.

It is on the same App that we use for the Slide outs, electric awning, hydraulic jacks and exterior TV and sound system

Love toys!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Reminds me of the time as an Operations officer in the coach company I received a phone call from a somewhat irate lady who had been following one of our coaches. Apparently one of the passengers, unknown to the driver, pulled the wrong lever when they tried to flush the loo.................................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back