Amazon Kindle 3G+wifi for £116!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
£116 is probably the best price I can get for the Kindle 3G - so I bought one a few days ago and collected it today and within 2 mins was checking email on free 3G! Great for travelling and the campervan - charges off USB using "standard" cable so no charger needed.

First you need a cashback account with TopCashBack - they (today) pay 6% cashback om Tesco (quidco only 3%). Its the same as quidco but no £5 fee so quite a bit better (I've migrated to TCB). If you don't have an account - my refer-a-friend link is Link Removed

TCB tracked me £7.83 cashback

So, log onto TCB, find Tesco, and goto Tesco.
Search for item 211-2318 (3G Kindle) @ £152.
Add basket, and checkout.
Enter voucher code TDX-KYRA (£20 off > £150 spend)
So pay £132.

So £132, minus cashback is £125.

And 304 clubcard points (£9 worth of pub meals vouchers from clubcard deals).

Most of this is on UKHotDeals - where I got the tip first, so well worth a look.

Hope it is useful to someone.

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Which one? The bald one on the dodgy adverts?

Hope some of you got one - showing out of stock now.

Used mine on the train today (yes - I actually went to work for a day!) - and the internet was nice and just-about usable. Currently reading a paperback so not really tried the Kindle for reading yet (apart from skimming the manual!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Which one? The bald one on the dodgy adverts?

That's the one. "You just don't know how to haggle". I wonder what fatty two jags got paid for working with him ?

I ditched Kindle for something that offers a bit more, Android tablet. Still read Kindle books but I can browse FUN as well ( in colour and easily, before someone pipes up "I can do that on my Kindle"). Can't read it in sunlight though.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
£116 is probably the best price I can get for the Kindle 3G - so I bought one a few days ago and collected it today and within 2 mins was checking email on free 3G! Great for travelling and the campervan - charges off USB using "standard" cable so no charger needed.

First you need a cashback account with TopCashBack - they (today) pay 6% cashback om Tesco (quidco only 3%). Its the same as quidco but no £5 fee so quite a bit better (I've migrated to TCB). If you don't have an account - my refer-a-friend link is Link Removed

TCB tracked me £7.83 cashback

So, log onto TCB, find Tesco, and goto Tesco.
Search for item 211-2318 (3G Kindle) @ £152.
Add basket, and checkout.
Enter voucher code TDX-KYRA (£20 off > £150 spend)
So pay £132.

So £132, minus cashback is £125.

And 304 clubcard points (£9 worth of pub meals vouchers from clubcard deals).

Most of this is on UKHotDeals - where I got the tip first, so well worth a look.

Hope it is useful to someone.

To be honest, I'd happily pay thirty six quid not do do all of that!

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
activecampers
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Agree the kindle is crap for browsing, but for free global 3G for basic internet/email when we travel, super long battery life (month), its going to be a very useful gadget - especially when we're away backpacking in Asia for 4 months.

All thouse £36 quids add up over time which means our "open ended sabatical" of 3 years so far (will be 4+) is all paid for and we can spend that £36 on something else we want to do instead. 36 is the age I left full time work :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just had a look at Martin Lewis money newsletter this week and there is a link to load a wide variety of books onto Kindle for free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back