Million Pound Mega Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Quite enjoyed it.

Never knew the nice folks at Concierge Camping were a Lord and Lady. I shall doff my cap next time I visit.

Apparently some chap on the show had a motorhome that cost £250,000... well he mentioned it about 1000 times and he doesn't go camping with the proles either.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
And the removable steering wheel which outside of security would make swivelling the captains chairs around so much easier.
Avaliable on most Iveco base vans for around €1500.
I had a good look at the RS both inside and out. Frankly I was not that impressed. Much of it was too Heath Robinson and some badly built.
The one featured got to be one of the most ugly vans, if I was spending that much I would want something that looks like its been build rather than thrown together. IMO Bailey run a close second in the ugly looks department.
The overlanders are manufactured in the same yard as SAP who fit the jacks in Doncaster, I was admiring one when there last year.
I think Mick used to be in partnership with the guy, they went there own ways some years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I was surprised with the removal of the steering wheel as that van won’t have an airbag fitted and thought that would be a requirement.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Quite enjoyed it.

Never knew the nice folks at Concierge Camping were a Lord and Lady. I shall doff my cap next time I visit.

Apparently some chap on the show had a motorhome that cost £250,000... well he mentioned it about 1000 times and he doesn't go camping with the proles either.

Looking forward to the next episodes.

Yes, he so wanted to drink his Champers with the Lord and Lady. He drives the right vehicle to impress the toff set. They are all into horses and must be partial to that horse box look. ;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I was surprised with the removal of the steering wheel as that van won’t have an airbag fitted and thought that would be a requirement.
Most larger vans don't have airbags you don't get them on Morelo's, Concorde's etc.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I watched half of it, got to the bailey advert and wondered what it was actually about. I don't think I will be bothering again.
If that was an ad for Bailey , it back fired, it looked as though the only thing keeping the habitation section together is glue, no thanks.

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
RVing 11 years and caraving/motorhoming all my life.
Probably just cos I’m female but I liked the idea of the toilet the gadget guy mentioned. Converting waste to ash and only emptying once a week for a family of 4 - sounds great. Travelling as a solo would mean I would only have to empty once a month 😁. Not so keen on the price but if they want to see if they can fit one in a PVC I’ll be happy to critique it for them!!
Buy a rv my black tank is 80 gallons yes gallons not litres.

WestiesOnTour

Free Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
RV safari cheetah 38
Exp
RVing 11 years and caraving/motorhoming all my life.
If that was an ad for Bailey , it back fired, it looked as though the only thing keeping the habitation section together is glue, no thanks.
Hi all motorhomes and caravans are built like that.

I used to make caravans for 10 years avondale in Atherstone many years ago.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
It was a bit like going to the NEC for me. Interesting but I came away with the feeling that even after 10 years, we recon ours is by far and away the best rig for us and we've no absolutely intentions or wants of replacing it until we get to retirement when downsizing will happen.
Nice feeling that.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

Link for programme

CutThroatJake

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2020
Bolton
Funster No
MH
HYMER B890 MLi
Exp
Learning
"So you can mix with people from the same social standing"

If you lot have a whip round for me to spend a night there I'll bring them down a peg or two. :LOL:
We are booked on an Emperor pitch at Concierge Camping for 7 nights over the New Year 2021-22 as it looks like a fantastic site. We certainly have no delusions of grandeur. Planning a Britstop on the way down and back home again👍🏻

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
DMS Perhaps an incineration toilet and induction hob running off lithium in your next van??

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I liked the idea of the toilet the gadget guy mentioned. Converting waste to ash and only emptying once a week for a family of 4 - sounds great
I like the incinerator toilet, I looked at them a couple of years ago that is as far as I got when I found out the price. :giggle:

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
We have been there - it is a very nice well run site. They are normally very busy and there is a first rate pub for food (The Richmond Arms) in walking distance. To describe it as 5 Star site for it's facilities would be correct. I don't recall £60 a night but £40 certainly.

Checked this morning, weekends are around £100-£125 per night with min two night booking required.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
That’s a shame. To be clear, I am talking about how well constructed it is ‘under the covers’ not the gloss and finish side.

When I’ve taken out panels, cupboards etc as part of fitting additional items, they are really very nicely built and put together. Screws torqued up nicely, all the carpentry marks on the framing, wiring correctly supported and well run, logical use of space, good fittings etc etc
I generally tell people my RS is made in Yorkshire from girders ! If you visit the factory you can see it is not a three Motorhomes a day Bailey operation. I found that frightening.
Fittings wise you get a wide and personal choice. Maybe the guys taste was not to your liking

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have some friends that own a 1950's Airstream which they have just had a total rebuild, that has one of the incineration toilet's it's an excellent idea.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Checked this morning, weekends are around £100-£125 per night with min two night booking required.
Unbelievable, I'd rather spend my money on a decent van than waste it like that. Looked no better than some French Aires we have stayed on for €5 a night, OK you don't get posh showers and loos but I have them in the van.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
At the time that piece was being filmed we used Concierge Camping as a base for a few days whilst Reliance was doing some work on our van. I had a good look at the RS both inside and out. Frankly I was not that impressed. Much of it was too Heath Robinson and some badly built.
Come and have a squiz round my A class anytime....

Attachments

• 8963DCDE-1DD7-47BA-A955-F7803ECDBE21.jpeg
    8963DCDE-1DD7-47BA-A955-F7803ECDBE21.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 80
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I generally tell people my RS is made in Yorkshire from girders ! If you visit the factory you can see it is not a three Motorhomes a day Bailey operation. I found that frightening.
Fittings wise you get a wide and personal choice. Maybe the guys taste was not to your liking
Got to agree. I found the Bailey operation worrying and marvelled at how one person could lift the whole kitchen unit. It must be light cardboard.

ItsEmily

Banned
Jan 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
If you want to spend 250k drop the S and replace it with a C and least you'll get a guarantee worth the paper it's written on

RC motorhomes are in the same ball park as RS but seem much better made and properly bespoke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back