camping/wilding in ostend belgium?? (1 Viewer)

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we have decided to go to ostend for a long weekend, does any one have and good sites or wild camping you can reccomend??

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Tommy, there is an Aire near to Ostend Station, only takes 10 vans, you will be very lucky to get a place. We have spent the night on the streets near to it without any problems, just make sure you move off before parking restrictions start in the morning. We have also spent a few days and nights on the coast road going south from Ostend towards Middlekerke. There is a stretch of road about a half mile long, opposite the beach where you can park up without any problems, it is by some WW2 fortifications. It can be a bit noisey with the road and tram line next to it. Further afield is Adinkerke (Tobacco Alley) where you can park next to the canal or in a car park for one of the tobacco outlet stores.
Have a good trip
Brisey.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We were in Oostende a couple of weeks ago visiting The Auld Folks.
We stayed on the coast road in front of the dunes, and although the road is not unduly busy, we wear earplugs so sleep was not a problem. Fabulous sunset.

The sand on the other hand...................gets in everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I'm still removing it from places I never knew existed. This sand blows off the dunes/onto the dunes/across the dunes/and probably even under the dunes.

We had a brief look at the "campingcar only" aire at Westende, but didn't care for it.

On the road (N318) that runs parallel with the coast road and runs by the airport, there are a couple of out-of-town shopping areas, which may suit you for wilding.

Try Duinenweg which runs directly behind the dunes - it is very narrow, although we did spot a car park area almost opposite the entrance to the Fortifications exhibition. As you come out of Oostende onto Duinenweg (behind the pink house) there is what used to be a camp site to your right as per Google maps, but that was deserted/closed when we passed it, so that might work for you. I've also just noticed on Google maps what looks suspiciously like an aire on Herdersstraat, just a few yards south of Duinenweg on the very edge of Oostende - might be worth a look.

Bon chance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
cheers for the info so far, looking at google maps there seems a lot of scope for a bit of wilding around the fort, has any one stayed there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back