LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
My laptop has 2 hard drives on it c and d c is now becoming full so when i try to download stuff it tells me i dont have enough room so how do i make it download to D Drive or is it better to drag all the stuff from c to d.

Think i have explained what i think i mean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance
Gerry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Gerry,

If you are using google chrome you can change the download location in "options" "Under the Bonnet" which you access from the spanner on the top right

If you are using Firefox you can change the location in "option" "Content"

If IE9 change the location in "View Downloads" "Options"

If using Safari its under "preferences" "General"

John

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just checked mine and i have 'C' hard drive and 'Q' hard disc which appears to be linked to microsoft office.

from what i can work out the 'Q' drive is solely for microsoft office and cant be user accessed...even with administrator priviledges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Hi
My laptop has 2 hard drives on it c and d c is now becoming full so when i try to download stuff it tells me i dont have enough room so how do i make it download to D Drive or is it better to drag all the stuff from c to d.

Think i have explained what i think i mean :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks in advance
Gerry

Buy a cheap external hard drive and trasfer you c drive files to that....they only cost about £40...

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cheers for that doing it just now with under the bonnet John so thanks.

Acting strange i no good with pc's but why would i need another hard drive when my d drive is 8gb and empty or am i missing something.

Gerry

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Cheers for that doing it just now with under the bonnet John so thanks.

Acting strange i no good with pc's but why would i need another hard drive when my d drive is 8gb and empty or am i missing something.

Gerry

Hi Gerry
On my PC the D drive is a part of the C drive partioned off for backing up (imaging) the C drive there are not 2 drives.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gooney

If i look at my computer it shows them as 2 separate drives and c drive is full while d is empty but as i say useless with computers so could be totally wrong.

Gerry

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Gooney

If i look at my computer it shows them as 2 separate drives and c drive is full while d is empty but as i say useless with computers so could be totally wrong.

Gerry

Hi Gerry
Have you done a back up of your computer? I suspect if your D drive is empty, you haven't. On my computer D drive is showing about 2.5 gb used of 13gb space allocated from the hard drive for back up. You can regain lost space on your computer by defragmenting the disc, deleting files you dont use any more and making sure your recycle bin is empty. If failing this your disc is still full you probably need to add an additional portable hard drive and move files onto this. If you look on Amazon now you can get a 1Tb external hard dive for about £40, this is probably about 5 times the capacity of your original C drive.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Buy a cheap external hard drive and trasfer you c drive files to that....they only cost about £40...

Even if you don't need the space, it is worth it just to have a separate back up of all your files.

Just in case.........:thumb:

GuitarDave

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Hard drive

I know of your problem. Manufacturers are partitioning the hard drive with 2 sections and the operating system is usually on the smaller of the 2 sections. So unless you tell it otherwise the computer will try and cram everything on the C section. It's a real pain in the *rse and I would not put up with it on one of my computers so I downloaded a free program from the web. which moved the size of the C partition untill it was almost the total size of the hard drive and then all was well. Sorry I cant remember the name of the program but you could just search for partitioning tool.
:Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I know of your problem. Manufacturers are partitioning the hard drive with 2 sections and the operating system is usually on the smaller of the 2 sections. So unless you tell it otherwise the computer will try and cram everything on the C section. It's a real pain in the *rse and I would not put up with it on one of my computers so I downloaded a free program from the web. which moved the size of the C partition untill it was almost the total size of the hard drive and then all was well. Sorry I cant remember the name of the program but you could just search for partitioning tool.
:Smile:

Partitionmagic has always sorted it for me and my customers...:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back