lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Got my renewal from FP today who i have been with for past 3 years to go with the same company im with KGM the cost would be £480 they have a quote from Highway for £226 + breakdown, gave them a call as they had left out my tracker and cobra alarm. Once i gave them the details i asked if that would change price was told no difference, i am quite happy with the quote but always phone around just in case.

I called my local Swinton who i have my car,scooter and 3 houses with and was told they own Safegaurd and would put me through spoke to the guy at Safegaurd and he gave me a quote of £251 but this included 365 days European cover and AA break down with home start. Also all the insured amouts where higher example being personal belongings FP was £1000 SG was £5000. I also mentioned to them about other policies i have with them and said if i decide
to go with them they will give me a substantial cash back voucher.

So my question is has anyone any experience of Safe guard .

Gerry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am becoming very confused with insurance companies. I have been with Adrian Flux for many years and have always been more than satisfied with there quotes.
I had occasion to enquire with them about putting a younger driver on my car policy only to be told that they do not insure anyone under 25.
So I thought OK I will try Frank Pickles,after filling in there online forms guess who I was transferred to,with a quote.......Adrian Flux...on the top of the form it said Frank Pickles part of the Adrian Flux group....CONFUSED.:whatthe:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Am becoming very confused with insurance companies. I have been with Adrian Flux for many years and have always been more than satisfied with there quotes.
I had occasion to enquire with them about putting a younger driver on my car policy only to be told that they do not insure anyone under 25.
So I thought OK I will try Frank Pickles,after filling in there online forms guess who I was transferred to,with a quote.......Adrian Flux...on the top of the form it said Frank Pickles part of the Adrian Flux group....CONFUSED.:whatthe:

With Frank Pickles, telephone and speak to Barry, he saved me over £250 again the quote from Adrian Flux last year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Yes we have experience with Safeguard.

We had our first camper stolen and their service was excellent. They settled the claim with no fuss very quickly. They also gave us back the price we had paid for it minus the excess of course.

Sonja

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the reply Sonja good to know someone has used them and happy with service.

Gail i have spoken to Barry as i have been a customer for 3 years and very happy with service and even though he is cheaper there is no comparison with the policies if they could do the same policy for same price then id stay with them as they have been a very pleasant company to deal with.

Gerry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes, been with them two years

Got my renewal from FP today who i have been with for past 3 years to go with the same company im with KGM the cost would be £480 they have a quote from Highway for £226 + breakdown, gave them a call as they had left out my tracker and cobra alarm. Once i gave them the details i asked if that would change price was told no difference, i am quite happy with the quote but always phone around just in case.

I called my local Swinton who i have my car,scooter and 3 houses with and was told they own Safegaurd and would put me through spoke to the guy at Safegaurd and he gave me a quote of £251 but this included 365 days European cover and AA break down with home start. Also all the insured amouts where higher example being personal belongings FP was £1000 SG was £5000. I also mentioned to them about other policies i have with them and said if i decide
to go with them they will give me a substantial cash back voucher.

So my question is has anyone any experience of Safe guard .

Gerry

Been with them 2 years

Bob:Eeek:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
safeguard

Hi yes found them to be very good had to make a claim & they were briilliant so would certainly recommend cheers Rod:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the reply Sonja good to know someone has used them and happy with service.

Gail i have spoken to Barry as i have been a customer for 3 years and very happy with service and even though he is cheaper there is no comparison with the policies if they could do the same policy for same price then id stay with them as they have been a very pleasant company to deal with.

Gerry
got a quote for £231 from Frank Pickles when our NFU renewal this year went up to £431. Previously we had our european breakdown cover with them for an extra £85 however this year we were informed that they no longer gave breakdown cover for older vans - ours is 18 years old - so looked elsewhere. Got Safeguard insurance for £320 which includes European breakdown cover for vehicles of any length/weight. Also glass cover had no limit whereas other policy had £600 max limit and there is no mileage or time limit on use abroad which is what we need. So went with safeguard in the end.

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
As Dave said, insurance is sure confusing:Eeek:

Our renewal this year, NFU about £500, FP wanted £650, Safguard, can't remember but it was high, ended up with C&CC at £432, Birmingham post code doesn't help:Doh:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the replys folks just got back from weekend away and Safegaurd have sent me their policy booklet so can now compare it to FP and see which one really is best as price isn't always best.

Gerry

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
A comment on safe guard, I rang them fro a quote last week, it was can you jump through this hoop that hoop, we will ring you tomorrow, they rang back more questions and hoops to jump through, ok we will ring you tomorrow, only this time tomorrow never came, nearly a full week now and still no reply.

As I see it their loss, my advice to anyone is research and find a company that suits your needs at the time.

One company I called, offered free breakdown, but at just under 20 foot my van was too long to be covered, go figure.

Nick
Welsh Winger

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i have used safeguard since getting the motorhome.
whenever i have had to contact them it seems to be nearly the same person i speak to every time and they have seemed to have a bend over backwards way to help.
not had to claim from them but i feel i wont have a problem if i do.

would recommend them as they have always done right by me.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
A comment on safe guard, I rang them fro a quote last week, it was can you jump through this hoop that hoop, we will ring you tomorrow, they rang back more questions and hoops to jump through, ok we will ring you tomorrow, only this time tomorrow never came, nearly a full week now and still no reply.

As I see it their loss, my advice to anyone is research and find a company that suits your needs at the time.

One company I called, offered free breakdown, but at just under 20 foot my van was too long to be covered, go figure.

Nick
Welsh Winger
I got a quote online first then rang to confirm, don't know if this is any different to phoning up from scratch? I did try them when we first got the motorhome but they were much more expensive than other companies
so don't know what's changed! They do include breakdown cover for any age vehicle and any length/weight which is different to most others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back