Perpetuator of the Urban Myths (1 Viewer)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
He's on the pitch next to us :ROFLMAO:
We're on a Campsite cos we needed to get some washing done and change our bedding,as one does from time to time.
We arrived at Haro in Northen Spain yesterday lunchtime and pitched up next to this gleaming van . The occupants were away at the time,but the long handled brush,bucket,chamois leather were all very visible by the van ::bigsmile:
When they came back they introduced themselves and he proceeded to tell me how they'd been tuggers for 20yrs and M/Homers for 10,and that he'd had the van custom made to his own spec.
They've been everywhere,done everything and told me that as 'beginners' we'd learn as we went along.
As soon as I mentioned that we had been using mostly Aires and France Passions on the way down here he started on about the dangers of using Aires !! They would never use them-and ,as usual,they knew, or had heard of,people who had been robbed,gassed etc.
France Passions he hadn't heard of-but if they didn't have electric etc he wouldn't use them ,and if they were selling produce it was bound to be a rip-off.
Don't you just love guys like that.

Rant over:ROFLMAO:

Mike.

ps Carolyn made me delete any bits that could identify him :ROFLMAO:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Glad you are both enjoying your travels :) This thread answers my question as to whether you'd be at the Bring & Buy this year!

Each to their own eh? We've stayed on probably 50+ aires in the last couple of years and a few passion sites and have had no problems at all, have enjoyed them and stayed in some stunning locations.

It's amazing that someone with so many years experience have not even tried an alternative to a campsite! :Eeek:

Happy travelling :)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
no alls

Hi i am afraid this is part of motorhoming but somtimes you can piick up some good tips unlike neiighbours at least you can move thats the best of it you can spot em a mile away happy travels Rod:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am afraid am still at a loss why anyone would pay the premium of purchasing a motorhome over the much cheaper option of a caravan and then refuse to go anywhere other than a campsite with hookup and all the other facilities that campsites offer.
I am of the opinion that if you only wish to use campsites then why pay dearly for a motorhome and all the other expense that goes with running one.
Sorry but it just doesn't add up in my book.:Doh:
I have nothing against caravaners and if ever the time came that I couldn't tour then would certainly consider buying another myself,but whilst am able to tour I will stick with my camper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
But he's been a motorhomer for 10 years or have I read it wrong?

Know all are everwhere but you NEVER stop learning:secret:

Cant see the problem what you camp with be it tent, caravan, Motorhome, RV or 5th wheel we all share a common interest:beer:

I would love a neighbour like that for a day or two would be hours of entertainment::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
He's on the pitch next to us :ROFLMAO:
We're on a Campsite cos we needed to get some washing done and change our bedding,as one does from time to time.
We arrived at Haro in Northen Spain yesterday lunchtime and pitched up next to this gleaming van . The occupants were away at the time,[HI]but the long handled brush,bucket,chamois leather were all very visible by the van [/HI]::bigsmile:
When they came back they introduced themselves and he proceeded to tell me how they'd been tuggers for 20yrs and M/Homers for 10,and that he'd had the van custom made to his own spec.
They've been everywhere,done everything and told me that as 'beginners' we'd learn as we went along.
As soon as I mentioned that we had been using mostly Aires and France Passions on the way down here he started on about the dangers of using Aires !! They would never use them-and ,as usual,they knew, or had heard of,people who had been robbed,gassed etc.
France Passions he hadn't heard of-but if they didn't have electric etc he wouldn't use them ,and if they were selling produce it was bound to be a rip-off.
Don't you just love guys like that.

Rant over:ROFLMAO:

Mike.

ps Carolyn made me delete any bits that could identify him :ROFLMAO:

We know someone like that in fact we bought some decent folding chairs and table from them because they changed their awning and the colour of their chairs didn't match the new awning, they took the house vacuum cleaner away with them but this really took the biscuit, they put a plastic tarpaulin on the floor under thier airtex groundsheet to keep it clean. :RollEyes:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Don't you just love guys like that.:

Please pm his details - if he has not already been a guest I'll send him info:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob
www.parcverger.com

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Mike
We also stopped off at Haro this year on the way back home, nice little town square when we was their about a month back the sun was shinning and a brass band playing in the square it made a nice end to iur trip. pete n Lynn :thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We met a couple last week who no sooner had said hello than they got out the photos of the house they've just had built, beside the one they have just sold where they measured the gap between the houses to be just big enough to fit his new MH. He had to sell the old one because of a cash-flow problem during the building. Then they got their motorbike off the back to show us how good it was and how much cheaper than 2 electric pushbikes it was. Very nice people but what show-offs? I do have a suspicion that many of these people are nothing like they portray themselves to be. Who can proove they are lying or bragging? :roflmto::roflmto:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back