What's the oldest pc / mac hardware still running out there?? (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just wondering if anyone has vintage hardware out there still doing a good job (other than acting as a doorstop or brick!!!)

Thought it would be interesting to share....

I've got a 2001-vintage Acer Travelmate 200 laptop running Win ME in pristine shape - built like a tank, Celeron 647mhz, 320MB RAM....:ROFLMAO:runs word 97 and email perfectly.

Also three old Book PCs and a P3 on a zimmer frame running a Linux firewall.Any 386es or older out there still in use???
:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I've got a Compaq Presario that just about runs Win98, but even older is my old faithful keyboard. Although I have updated the PC many times over the years I am still using the keyboard that came with my Tandy 286. I have tried various 'new' ones but within a week the Tandy is reconnected. The keys have a lovely positive feel, I wouldn't be without it.

Phil.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi skipped a working 1512 early this year, it was just taking up space. Bought it new in 1985 ish

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

F

fordy

Deleted User
I've got a Compaq 386 LAPTOP i still use it for dataloging the car and setting up LPG sys .. win 95 still works fine .

FORDY:roflmto:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
My main keyboard is circa 1992 and is still going strong - it's a programmable one with macro facility....

I'll be gutted when it fails...:Sad:

(They are still selling second hand for over $20 in the states)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Ah is that how you do it Bryan

Wondered how you were soooo fast at the quiz.Good fun last night by the way.

:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Ah is that how you do it Bryan

Wondered how you were soooo fast at the quiz.Good fun last night by the way.

:ROFLMAO:

Macros for the quiz, eh? Not a bad idea :roflmto:...

Although, hit the wrong key and closing all me windows and shutting down the PC might just lose me a point...:ROFLMAO:

Was good fun, hope everybody spreads the word so we can get a load more contestants :Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Macros for the quiz, eh? Not a bad idea :roflmto:...

Although, hit the wrong key and closing all me windows and shutting down the PC might just lose me a point...:ROFLMAO:

Was good fun, hope everybody spreads the word so we can get a load more contestants :Smile:

Well it was fun.Thoroughly enjoyed it although I stand nooooo chance of getting in quick enough.

The friendly Banter made up for it.Killing myself laughing at one point.The missus thinks I'm Crazy.

There were a record number off people on site last night.

That must mean something.:thumb:

Keep up the good work.

BTW I might not be around for a couple of days.Just seen the men in white coats at the Doooo.............GERROOOOFFFFFF :boxing::whistle:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back