MH Covers (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Hi All,

For Christmas my wife bought me a complete cover for our MH. I was about to put it on yesterday then realised that the cover would block the solar panels which I rely on to keep everything topped up especially at the moment when we are not using the MH at all...

I don't think the panels will work when covered and if they do very little power produced, so I guess my question is how long should the domestics last without charge, will they go flat or will they be fine as is ???? Also we don't have power at the storage so I can't plug in either...

Should I forget the cover and sell it ???? What does everyone else do - Thanks in advance Chris

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi All,

For Christmas my wife bought me a complete cover for our MH. I was about to put it on yesterday then realised that the cover would block the solar panels which I rely on to keep everything topped up especially at the moment when we are not using the MH at all...

I don't think the panels will work when covered and if they do very little power produced, so I guess my question is how long should the domestics last without charge, will they go flat or will they be fine as is ???? Also we don't have power at the storage so I can't plug in either...

Should I forget the cover and sell it ???? What does everyone else do - Thanks in advance Chris
Yes your battery's will go flat, I'd suggest you don't bother with the cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 14, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Our 1st Motorhome
Would a strategically placed piece of awning window PVC let in enough light to allow your solar panels to operate?

If so, you could try a local tent repair / sail repair (or even horse rug repairer) to add a panel to your cover.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Would suggest it is unwise to put a cover on whilst in storage, OK if it is at home and if you follow recommendations of use. Do a search on here and you will see why. Lots of different views.

OP
OP
Gregors
Feb 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Would suggest it is unwise to put a cover on whilst in storage, OK if it is at home and if you follow recommendations of use. Do a search on here and you will see why. Lots of different views.
Hi Surely that's why you would have a cover though to protect it from the elements ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
I had my cover made with a clear panel over the solar. I don’t think it would be much of a job to get a piece of pvc to replace a cut out section, as pointed out above, but it depends on the quality of the cover.

OP
OP
Gregors
Feb 26, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
I had my cover made with a clear panel over the solar. I don’t think it would be much of a job to get a piece of pvc to replace a cut out section, as pointed out above, but it depends on the quality of the cover.
Hi - Yes I am considering this - there is a boat yard just up from me I may give them a call and show them the cover if I do decide to go down this road ! Thanks
Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back