Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
We are just toying with the benefits of the Avtex or standard Tv and then the USB connection cropped up in conversation.

So can anyone answer whether the USB is any good for attaching an Iphone or iplayer and what is the sound quality like?

TIA

Steve

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We are just toying with the benefits of the Avtex or standard Tv and then the USB connection cropped up in conversation.

So can anyone answer whether the USB is any good for attaching an Iphone or iplayer and what is the sound quality like?

TIA

Steve

Steve,

The sound is not great as the speakers are too small. I have heard worse though. I know that the USB on my Avtex tv is a bit fussy on what it will take but cant comment on all models.

mfh27748

Free Member
Mar 4, 2008
essex/london
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
since 2008
You can always use the built in FM transmitter and play it through your radio but dont

upset the neighbours.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I play music, and music videos, movies etc. from my usb stick plugged in the Avtex.
The TV sound is ok.
We sometimes use the FM transmitter in the Avtex to give additional sound / bass from the van stereo. Just have to find a clear space on the FM frequency to get decent sound. The sound from the original Peugeot stereo was rubbish on this transmitter as was the AM reception. I thought it was just the position of the van radio antenna but when I upgraded the van stereo both FM and Am reception improved.

It now works well.

The kids also watch their videos on the usb port in the other tv we have in the van which the kids watch when we are travelling, it is a cheapo 15.4 " lcd from Makro.

Both the cheapo tv and the Avtex play most common video/music files.

I must admit I have not tried to connect either my iphone or ipod touch to the TV's in the van.
I must give it a go.....

Callum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back