Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello,
Recently bought M/H and trying to find bedding to fit. Don't want to fork out for custom made but trying to find fitted sheets to fit 208x160cm. Most 'superkings' are only 200 in length. Anybody know of supplier whose sheets would fit?
Wyn

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello,
Recently bought M/H and trying to find bedding to fit. Don't want to fork out for custom made but trying to find fitted sheets to fit 208x160cm. Most 'superkings' are only 200 in length. Anybody know of supplier whose sheets would fit?
Wyn

Why not get another sheet and cut it down so you can use a strip of material from it to attach to one end of the short sheet, afterall it will be tucked in any way so won't cause any problems, you can also then stitch 'corners' into the bottom to keep it in place too, like normal fitted sheets. With what's left you could make yourself some nice pillow cases/shams too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
We bought Raskelf Duvalays the memory foam takes out any lumpy bits, very warm, roll em up into the bag 2 minute job. At £120 a pop not cheap but very practical.
Although no good for superking.

Link Removed

tonybrightspark

Upvote 0

HeleninAlnwick

Free Member
Jun 7, 2011
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1998
Hello,
Wyn
HI

I use a padded mattress pad instead of a sheet - much more cumfy - not the ones with a skirt but one with elastic at each corner. It stays put and is much easier to put on than a sheet. I got mine from IKEA - not quite the same size but works ok. All you then need is a duvet on top!

Helen

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Just go for flat sheets - ironing fitted sheets is a nightmare at best - and flats give you a few mm extra play, and spare to bend around corner! Long as you are au fait with your hospital corners, they are far better.

Upvote 0

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
We use 2 quilts a winter weight + summer weight. In the summer use the winter one as bottom sheet & summer one as top & the reverse in the winter. Does 2 jobs saves all the struggle of 'tucking in' or stretching out a fitted sheet and also smooths out any 'lumps or bumps' from the cushions.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
HI

I use a padded mattress pad instead of a sheet - much more cumfy - not the ones with a skirt but one with elastic at each corner. It stays put and is much easier to put on than a sheet. I got mine from IKEA - not quite the same size but works ok. All you then need is a duvet on top!

Helen

This is what we also use, got ours from Dunhelm Mill. It had elasticated sides so we just cut them off and use it as a matress topper, it really is very comfortable with sleeping bags on top.:thumb:

Upvote 0

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We use two duvets.....one to sleep on the other over the top.

With two different tog values....you choose to be hot or cooler depending which one is on top.

Takes 2 mins to make up and 2 mins to put away.

Works for us :)

barry

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Bed Linen - motorhomes

Hi All!
I was glad I found these posts on here because I also had the same problem with the bottom sheet. I was going to buy a double flat sheet, but all this tucking in underneath the cushions was a pain in the butt and of course, it always gets left to the wife/girlfriend!:winky: Men don't have the patience for this at all!
Someone on a different forum said that they lie on a single duvet and had another single duvet on top, that idea sounded good, but wouldn't the duvet underneath you move and slide about everytime you turned during the night?:Angry:
Someone else, (beachcaster) suggested a mattress cover with the corner elastics, rather than the skirt type and I think I might try that myself.
I only have king size flat sheets at home and had taken one with us recently, but by the time I'd got it tucked all around the cushions I was ready for cpr!:Doh:
We have gone for two single quilts rather than a double, but we're still learning at this early stage.
Thanks to everyone for the different ideas!

Upvote 0

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Dont bother with sheets !

Just get two duvets in covers........one high tog ..one low.

Sleep on one........use the other on top of you..and swap around with changing seasons.

Make the bed in a minute........put it away in a minute

works for us :)

barry

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back