Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
my motorhome is up for its 1st MOT in august and i was wondering what class it would be, some sites say class 4 others say class 7 :Confused:
dose any one know on here? its weight is 3850kg
thanks, tommy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It can be either possible even PHGV
asuuming it dont carry a motorbike or other goods not needed to uise it as a motor home then its a class 4 same as a car
If you do have a motor bike or other non camping related goods tools etc in the back then it may be deemed a class 7

You can not say I need the bike for camping to go to the shops:Doh:
You can not say I need the tools to fix my motor home

Seems strange but that is what VOSA have decreed
Geo
Ps mine is 7.5 ton and tested as a Class 4 and yes it does have things in it that technicly should'nt be there

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just for information
The rules were introduced to prevent Raceing people carrying a race car in the back opf converted coaches ie half motor home halve goods vehicles
so they deemed anything that can and does carry goods not reqd for camping a "Living Vehicle and these fall into another mot class ie class 7s and HGV
And as usual the rules got taken literally and push beyond there intended use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What about 4.5 ton tag axles ?, I realise class 4 can test them but what about the length and ramps etc, must they go somewhere with a long ramp or can it be tested by driving it forwards on a ramp to take the 1st axle and then reverse it on to take the other rear axle ?.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What about 4.5 ton tag axles ?, I realise class 4 can test them but what about the length and ramps etc, must they go somewhere with a long ramp or can it be tested by driving it forwards on a ramp to take the 1st axle and then reverse it on to take the other rear axle ?.
MoT station with a pit would be favorable, (most Vosa Stations have pits) but if the ramp is long enough and strong enough that will do:thumb:
No you cant jiggle about with the axles it must be a pit or fully off the floor
Geo

UKMotorhomes

Free Member
Mar 6, 2011
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
4x4 camper truck
Exp
More than 30!
Local councils often have MOT facilities which can take HGVs, our 7.5T Mercedes goes to the Oxford City council depot.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
It can be either possible even PHGV
asuuming it dont carry a motorbike or other goods not needed to uise it as a motor home then its a class 4 same as a car
If you do have a motor bike or other non camping related goods tools etc in the back then it may be deemed a class 7

You can not say I need the bike for camping to go to the shops:Doh:
You can not say I need the tools to fix my motor home

Seems strange but that is what VOSA have decreed
Geo
Ps mine is 7.5 ton and tested as a Class 4 and yes it does have things in it that technicly should'nt be there

thanks for that, no bike other than mountain bikes so class 4 it is lol just need to source a station that can fit it in lol

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
thanks for that, no bike other than mountain bikes so class 4 it is lol just need to source a station that can fit it in lol

Most council MOT stations should have the facilities as they do council vans, buses, etc.
I get our M/H done at our local council station, and no worries that they are finding faults to make money (just google some "high street" majors), as they do not do repairs.

try here....Link Removed
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back