Extra storage advice please (1 Viewer)

roky1983

Free Member
Jun 9, 2010
wales carmarthenshire
Funster No
Exp
6 months
Hi all I have an adria matrix with a large garage, I somehow manage to fill it, only problem is it get a lil untidy, could do with summit like a cargo net to fix to the wall any advice please

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If you are not carrying a motorbike or scooter...

Buy some of those stacking plastic boxes and put your loose stuff in, we have a few and in one we keep walking boots and shoes, in another I keep M/H related gear, polish, WD40, box of disposable gloves, some odd ball size spanners, tin of grease and a small oil can, Silicone spray, and anything else... in another if we are on a long trip we have found one that is just right for tins of food we may not be able to buy when away.....

In another small one I have tent/awning pegs, tie down straps, a bit of rope, Mallet, a small box with assortment of screws/nuts & bolts etc...

And so on, makes life easy and keeps things tidy and I can put my hand on what ever I need without having to unpack the boot/belly locker to get the item I require.. :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
At Halfrauds you can buy cargo nets deigned for fixing to the back of the rear seat in a car boot, elasticated at the top so stuff stays in it
No reason you cant put one or two on a wall inside the Garage, along with Mo's suggestion of boxes:thumb:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If yhou need cargo nets I keep em in stock.. Anyone on here wants any happy to supply at cost price plus postage..£2.00 for the standard size ( about 14" x 14" ) and large at about 20"x20" come out at £2.50,, Postage I will have to check but proly about 80 or 90p ( but if more than one wanted I can weigh em so the postage will def only cost what it costs ( if you see what I mean ! :) )

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
We have given ourselves extra storage by getting rid of masses of books and buying an Amazon Kindle e-book, very pleased! Bambi 2

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
whilst all well and good to cram more stuff in your garage do watch out for axle and total load weights. The ministry are checking much more often these days. Also remember if your van is over 3500kg, you can only carry items for the enjoyment of your motorhome (not outside pursuits) otherwise they concidered GOODS and you will need an HGV licence even if they are your own goods. Theoretically that includes a bike/scooter/motorbike/boat and some officious bahlamb of an inspector will take great pleasure in doing you for driving without the correct licence/insurance/MOT etc.

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
whilst all well and good to cram more stuff in your garage do watch out for axle and total load weights. The ministry are checking much more often these days. Also remember if your van is over 3500kg, you can only carry items for the enjoyment of your motorhome (not outside pursuits) otherwise they concidered GOODS and you will need an HGV licence even if they are your own goods. Theoretically that includes a bike/scooter/motorbike/boat and some officious bahlamb of an inspector will take great pleasure in doing you for driving without the correct licence/insurance/MOT etc.

Sorry to hijack the post but the carrying of goods issue, no bikes etc what about towing ? if the van as mine is plated at 3850kgs so is classed as PHGV and is £165.00 tax whats the consensus on towing a car trailer if any ? thanks Gray.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back