omly a month away and still can't decide (1 Viewer)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
still havent decided what is best
drive down to salou four or five days travelling and about 8 days there with cost of fuel, tolls, campsite etc
or package holiday, fly there in two and a half hours spend 12 days there half board for about 420 pounds each for a fortnight and then fly back again

hard choice

12 hours 49 mins from calais but exactly the same 12 hours 49 mins i did to venice last year

could do with more details on route and overnight stops on the way if anyone can help

campsite in salou sangulli looks really nice , anybody been, got to decide soon
HELP:shout:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
sometimes driving for hours on end can get a bit knacke...g and can spend them extra days sat on the beach

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
You sometimes have to rough it in planes and hotels to appreciate the comfort and freedom of your motorhome. ::bigsmile::roflmto:

Let us all know how awful it was when you get back. With pictures::bigsmile::winky:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
No plan, No destination, No decisions.....Freedom of the Motorhome!:winky:

Or go for the package, crammed into a plane, given ping 'food' (I use that term loosely)...but not too much, just enough to keep you alive for a couple of hours. Then arrive, get on a bus, whilst some lad who thinks he is funny, talks a load of poop until to get to your hotel, where you get a bed with some bloke that sounds like arnold swarzenegger laughing at the poolside bar all night making sure you never sleep.

The next day, you get shown around the attractions by some guide with a file and a cattleprod, go back top the hotel, eat more 'food' and repeat for 12 days...

I know what I would be doing!:thumb:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I am sure that you can find people on the forum that are willing to drive you wherever you want to go in the motorhome, if you do not want to drive yourself :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Rasmus

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Just remember the Ash Cloud.

You could spend your time sitting in the airport if it comes back. At least in the van you will get there:ROFLMAO:

Sonja

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
I hate Airports, waiting when delayed, getting to the Airport, more cost, food in airport lounge a rip off, cramped seating on plane, sorry but I know which way i would rather travel :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We've stayed in a chalet at Sanguli. There are two adjacent sites which are joined, so it is very big. The camping area that was on the site which we were on was right at the back and was devoid of grass. This was 9 years ago so things could have changed. There is a train station near to the entrance to the site which is convenient if you want to go into Barcelona. Plenty of places to eat in the town.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
still havent decided what is best
drive down to salou four or five days travelling and about 8 days there with cost of fuel, tolls, campsite etc
or package holiday, fly there in two and a half hours spend 12 days there half board for about 420 pounds each for a fortnight and then fly back again

hard choice

12 hours 49 mins from calais but exactly the same 12 hours 49 mins i did to venice last year

could do with more details on route and overnight stops on the way if anyone can help

campsite in salou sangulli looks really nice , anybody been, got to decide soon
HELP:shout:

Hi.

We have been down to Spain for the last two years for about three to four weeks ,but it is a long haul for such a short time, difficult decision.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back