LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi we are due home in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone knew of a good place to overnight in/near Folkstone (tunnel). We normally go into Dover and park in the central carpark but it seems silly to go in the wrong direction just to spend the night.

Thanks for any help.

Ginny

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi we are due home in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone knew of a good place to overnight in/near Folkstone (tunnel). We normally go into Dover and park in the central carpark but it seems silly to go in the wrong direction just to spend the night.

Thanks for any help.

Ginny

bump

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Mike & Ginny, hope you had a good one.

On another forum (no not that one) somebody posted that there is a car park at the old info centre that was there when the tunnel was being built. £5 is charged for a night's parking.

HERE 51.0900 1.1227

Not used it myself as we have many friends in Ashford so no need. There is a Tesco just along the road if you need a fix... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Mike and Ginny,
Welcome back, Brian beat me to it,we have stopped overnight there as well, hope you have had a good trip in the new van and hope to hear some of your adventures when you get back to sunny Swinton.
Marsh and Sylv :Smile:

ps heatwave promised for June

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Capel le ferm CL

Lovely site and local, all services!
Good Value.
Terry

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Mike & Ginny, hope you had a good one.

On another forum (no not that one) somebody posted that there is a car park at the old info centre that was there when the tunnel was being built. £5 is charged for a night's parking.

HERE 51.0900 1.1227

Not used it myself as we have many friends in Ashford so no need. There is a Tesco just along the road if you need a fix... :ROFLMAO:

Hi Keith and Jean,

Yes, we are ready for home now, we will have been on the beach at Santa Suzanna for 60 days on Saturday and it is getting too hot - for us anyway!

We are looking forward to going to Carcassonne and Laruns then dawdling up through France and eventually getting home mid June, perhaps the weather will have improved in UK by then.

Are you on your travels again soon??

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Mike and Ginny,
Welcome back, Brian beat me to it,we have stopped overnight there as well, hope you have had a good trip in the new van and hope to hear some of your adventures when you get back to sunny Swinton.
Marsh and Sylv :Smile:

ps heatwave promised for June

Hi Marsh and Sylv

Yes we are looking forward to going home - I think - I do know that within a couple of weeks we will be ready for off again!

We will have to meet for a beer, is there a good pub still open in Swinton??

Ginny and Mike

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Keith and Jean,

Yes, we are ready for home now, we will have been on the beach at Santa Suzanna for 60 days on Saturday and it is getting too hot - for us anyway!

We are looking forward to going to Carcassonne and Laruns then dawdling up through France and eventually getting home mid June, perhaps the weather will have improved in UK by then.

Are you on your travels again soon??

Ginny and Mike

You can but hope, weather's been a bit mixed lately.

You asked Brian for the cost of the service area J11 M20. I have been in there & I'm not sure but £8 seems to come to mind. You book by mobile phone and there is free WiFi, coffee shop and other eating outlets.

Away next week if the weather looks good, The Trossachs then Falkirk to do a bit of house sitting for our daughter. After that the B & B and S Wales we think.

vince

Free Member
Mar 18, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
Euro
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry, no.

Parking Prices

First two hours free for all vehicles. After this, cars must pay £3 for up to 4 hours or £5 for a whole day. Tickets can be bought through a pay-by-phone system with instructions in the car park.

Just got that of the http://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/Folkestone web site hope that helps.

Have fun Vince

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
You can but hope, weather's been a bit mixed lately.

You asked Brian for the cost of the service area J11 M20. I have been in there & I'm not sure but £8 seems to come to mind. You book by mobile phone and there is free WiFi, coffee shop and other eating outlets.

Away next week if the weather looks good, The Trossachs then Falkirk to do a bit of house sitting for our daughter. After that the B & B and S Wales we think.

We will be coming up your way in September, we have decided to see a bit of the Scotland this autumn instead of going back down to Spain, weather permitting!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back