Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
NFU renewal quote = £448.60
Frank Pickles (LV) = £227.72

No contest then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently NFU don't want motorhome business anymore so are trying to price themselves out of the market. They are suceeding then :Eeek::Eeek:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have been comparing insurance as mine is due next month, & the outstanding difference is usually due to different term & conditions. I have come across some that assume you having a large voluntary excess therefore reducing the premium. Many also reduce the premium by not giving long term cover in Europe.
I also found some that quote a low premium then give you options to add other items that you may want that will increase the premium.
Check carefully the small print.
But you could be right, NFU do seem to be trying to get out of the MH market

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
year on year Frank Pickles come up trumps for me, never been able to beat their quote

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Roger you need to look at CC ins then,they promise to beat your renewal by £25 on like for like ins :thumb:You can go back to FP the year after :ROFLMAO::winky:FP were no good for us they put us onto Adrian Flux who gave a good quote but Sureterm beat everybody last year for us
terry

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have been comparing insurance as mine is due next month, & the outstanding difference is usually due to different term & conditions. I have come across some that assume you having a large voluntary excess therefore reducing the premium. Many also reduce the premium by not giving long term cover in Europe.
I also found some that quote a low premium then give you options to add other items that you may want that will increase the premium.
Check carefully the small print.
But you could be right, NFU do seem to be trying to get out of the MH market
checked this out & only difference was excess raised to £200 instead of £100 but I can live with this!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Roger you need to look at CC ins then,they promise to beat your renewal by £25 on like for like ins :thumb:You can go back to FP the year after :ROFLMAO::winky:FP were no good for us they put us onto Adrian Flux who gave a good quote but Sureterm beat everybody last year for us
terry
but that would mean joining the cc, so no saving at all

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
but that would mean joining the cc, so no saving at all

It will cost you £40 to join the CC so in effect you pay more to reduce your premium. :whatthe:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jaygee,

Frank Pickles limited my windscreen cover to £500 when I enquired about a quotation some time ago. That is undercover by thousands, for an A class replacement screen.

Regards,

Jock.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes, F P is limited to £500.00 less a £60.00 excess, and that limit is for the whole contract period, as said, no use for A class users.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back