Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
I have just had to put my 10 month old bessacar e560 in to get repaired as the combi boiler was leaking,but to my dismay I've just been informed that the 2yr warranty doesn't cover it as it is frost damage.I was informed when I bought the motorhome that it had an auto purge button,that empties the tank if it drops below a certain degree and saves it from getting frost damaged,even the lady from truma said when the combi left the factory it would have come with the said auto purge switch,however the mechanic working on the motorhome has assured me that it does not have an auto purge switch,it even says in the user manual that it has an auto purge switch.Can anyone tell me if i have a case for fighting the decision to make me pay for the repairs or would i be wasting my time.I really feel like I've been taken for a bit of a mug.Thanks in advance barry:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Get the report in writing and hit Trading Standards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have just had to put my 10 month old bessacar e560 in to get repaired as the combi boiler was leaking,but to my dismay I've just been informed that the 2yr warranty doesn't cover it as it is frost damage.I was informed when I bought the motorhome that it had an auto purge button,that empties the tank if it drops below a certain degree and saves it from getting frost damaged,even the lady from truma said when the combi left the factory it would have come with the said auto purge switch,however the mechanic working on the motorhome has assured me that it does not have an auto purge switch,it even says in the user manual that it has an auto purge switch.Can anyone tell me if i have a case for fighting the decision to make me pay for the repairs or would i be wasting my time.I really feel like I've been taken for a bit of a mug.Thanks in advance barry:thumb:

Have they given you a price yet for the job, I think that may focus your mind as to whether to fight tooth and nail or to even fetch in the cavalry as well!!
Good luck with your claim:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the nice lady from truma maybe said it came with an auto dump valve but it doesnt mean swift fitted it !!!!
it may have been in the boiler packaging but not fitted.

as far as i know the valve isnt part of the boiler and is sited remotely in the water hose near the boiler.

sounds like swift are at fault on this one.

OP
OP
bazfergy

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Have they given you a price yet for the job, I think that may focus your mind as to whether to fight tooth and nail or to even fetch in the cavalry as well!!
Good luck with your claim:thumb:
Ive been told the combi will be £800 and the labour will be about £100,a lot of money to pay out and Ive also been told it'll take about a month to get it sorted:cry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ive been told the combi will be £800 and the labour will be about £100,a lot of money to pay out and Ive also been told it'll take about a month to get it sorted:cry:

Oh Please!, not cheap then!!!

Worth a fight in that case Bazza, just make sure you check your facts thoroughly before taking it on. Ie does it say on some models, or anything alike in the handbook?

Have you any additional info that they gave you? I know its probably too late now but for me, I would of disputed the frost damage assumption, how can this be proved it was caused by frost damage?

Good luck mate and keep us posted

Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
We've just ordered a new swift and whilst I was looking at the demo I asked about the auto dump valve as the one on our Knaus is a sod to get at. The dealer told me that swift do not fit the auto valves but use the manual valve in the pipe and the auto valve was mainly a "german thing" so I would guess it's never had one .

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Was it sold to you as a van fit to use in winter?
the specs mention optional extra winterised fittings?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back