LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
driverless vehicles have been used on the docks for years, I wonder why sometimes it is taking so long

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Depends on the reason for needing the invalid badge I would have thought. It might be well worth considering what grounds to apply on I suspect its very difficult to retract anything that is said in the application and if your GP is signing it they would have to take it into account in considering the HGV renewal.
It is not an "invalid badge" It is a Disabled person's badge ! wife and I have one and neither of us is an Invalid !! just have walking difficulties and in my case cannot carry much !
Oh and wife is registered as partially sighted too !

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It is not an "invalid badge" It is a Disabled person's badge ! wife and I have one and neither of us is an Invalid !! just have walking difficulties and in my case cannot carry much !
Oh and wife is registered as partially sighted too !
I was replying in the same terms as the op used although it was a while ago now!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Need to take CPC test regularly for commercial hgv not sure for mh
No test involved for periodic driver CPC just regular courses amounting tto a total of 35 hours over a 3 year period. Motorhome use - CPC not required because it is not for hire & reward or in the course of a business;)

Paddington

Free Member
Oct 31, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Vw transporter
Exp
The DVLA website has a list of notifyable conditions. From memory I don't think arthritis is one of them. Having a blue badge in itself is not a reason for notification. Many people are now able to apply for them without mobility problems ie a parent with an autistic child...the criteria was widened recently. I think you need to use your judgement here for example of the arthritis affects your ability to brake, then maybe you should consider giving up or making inquiries into hand controls.
I have a very rare medical condition and lots my driving licence for 18 months as a result. It was a bit of a nightmare...train, underground then bus to work. In Scotland the only means of appeal is to go to court. Finally got my license back after I took DVLA to court but it cost me a fortune.
Many people have notifyable conditions but don't tell the dvla. Personally I think gps should be required to inform the dvla, to ensure drivers are safe.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back