Please don't answer questions with things like (1 Viewer)

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
I'm in this gang - I wont answer any body now that has less than six post.

You feel that you are just wasting your time.
My knowledge is minimal and I’ve not much to add to be a benifit to anyone. But I will continue to try to help if I can. Seems you have your reason and the six post thing is an indication that they are not proper members. How/why would they be likely to become a member if they don’t get help? Personally I feel if you can help and have the time you should continue to help. Not just those over 6 posts or you may find oneday your only going to be talking to yourself as nobody will join.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
One day in the not too distant future the forum software will include an AI capable of providing all the right answers instantaneously.

Have you seen our help software. Just start typing in the box and it produces the answers you need. Try it. start typing. However it is only loaded with forum help files

Over the course of a few months we could easily load that with the answers to the most popular 1000 motorhome questions. Even easier we could use the free wikipedia software and build the ultimate wiki for motorhome ownership and use.

Except our aim has always been to produce a community rather than a resource. The question and answer format works wonders in that regard, and many peoples lives are richer because they wanted answers but found friends (y)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

You feel that you are just wasting your time.
I do agree with you on this,however,l console myself in the belief that they may not know how to show appreciation being Newbies to the forum.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Yeah that's right. Next time I am irritated that someone brings up something that's been covered a zillion times......I am ok to think it, but I don't have to say owt
I'd sit down and have a talk with myself about why I'm getting irritated by someone I don't know and is only asking for help.:happy:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Had a newbies first response to a genuine question the other day

Are you 596?

Could that get any ruder or sound any more cliquey?

Please explain to a T.O.B....

I cannot stand them sort of answers, I would be for ever asking what does it mean...

And get`s up my nose any answer written with just letters..:restmycase:

Why be so lazy... W.T.W.B.W... = Write The Whole Bloody Word... :giggler:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Have you seen our help software. Just start typing in the box and it produces the answers you need. Try it. start typing. However it is only loaded with forum help files

Over the course of a few months we could easily load that with the answers to the most popular 1000 motorhome questions. Even easier we could use the free wikipedia software and build the ultimate wiki for motorhome ownership and use.

Except our aim has always been to produce a community rather than a resource. The question and answer format works wonders in that regard, and many peoples lives are richer because they wanted answers but found friends (y)
I use the search facility from time to time ( l only think l know everything :LOL: ) and being a bit forgetful a couple of weeks back l searched for something only for an answer from myself to flash up as l had previously posted the answer to someone else’s enquiry.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I asked a question before I was a member. I didn’t know about the 5 post rule so was politely thanking people for their replies to my question. Then realised I couldn’t post any more. I did join because the initial help I received was so helpful. If I’d had no replies or no help then I wouldn’t have joined. Now that would have been a massive mistake as joining this forum has been mega beneficial.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I'd sit down and have a talk with myself about why I'm getting irritated by someone I don't know and is only asking for help.:happy:
Ha Ha. Good point. Just for clarification it wasnt the poster it was the subject. I'll give you one guess what it was and further cLue.......it wasnt the v word

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
When somebody asked a question quite recently they got a reply ' this has been done to death', so the op apologised. I said he need not have as it was a rude response. Then I got a whole diatribe of comments back. hey ho.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
[peers into crystal ball]

One day in the not too distant future the forum software will include an AI capable of providing all the right answers instantaneously. :cool:

But not so much fun when someone says "don't press the button unless you want to start WWIII" !!!!!! [hopefully after several people have given the correct and helpful answer].

Read The eFfin Manual

If the manuals were written in English and had an index that was even vaguely helpful I am sure that many people would...... also when we got our new van we had a full box of manuals for each and every little thing - I have kept them and do refer to them as necessary but in a situation when an answer is needed very quickly it is often much faster to get an answer from people who know. :) And some things just aren't covered in the manual!

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
No.......... That`s why I say I hate answers with them sort of things.... numbers or letters, if it`s worth posting write what you mean...
That was the name of a poster who's MO was to write posts easily misread - pretty sure it was intentional. In the end they left. Pushed/banned? I forget

edit: lol - MO = modus operandi :p

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
That was the name of a poster who's MO was to write posts easily misread - pretty sure it was intentional. In the end they left. Pushed/banned? I forget

edit: lol - MO = modus operandi :p

AH.!!!! Thank you..... (y)

No I don`t remember him...

And I still hate just letters in a thread or post....

One of the reasons I stopped going on the "Good Morning" thread..

OK if you are switched on or computer literate...

But I`m not and the first to admit it and toooo old to change my ways or learn differently...

Even if I could....:Smile: If any one wants me to ignore them just post up a few letters on there own.. and I will save you the trouble of hitting your ignore button..:giggler:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Not worried he/she must have deserved getting a ban or what ever...

Thanks...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have been thinking that we could collaboratively write a newbies guide to motorhomes and common technical issues. This could be put in resources and be searchable?

Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
I have been thinking that we could collaboratively write a newbies guide to motorhomes and common technical issues. This could be put in resources and be searchable?
That would be useful but if its only visible to subscribers then new people who have yet to join would still ask the question. I imagine it would then become like a secret club whereby people will be told to join to find the answers they desire.....

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Far better to answer a newby`s question..

Then they are more likely to think what a helpful club.

I must join.... :Smile:

As long as it is mentioned they only have 5 free postings...

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I asked a question before I was a member. I didn’t know about the 5 post rule so was politely thanking people for their replies to my question. Then realised I couldn’t post any more. I did join because the initial help I received was so helpful. If I’d had no replies or no help then I wouldn’t have joined. Now that would have been a massive mistake as joining this forum has been mega beneficial.

Hate to say it but "me too" !!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
AH.!!!! Thank you..... (y)

No I don`t remember him...

And I still hate just letters in a thread or post....

One of the reasons I stopped going on the "Good Morning" thread..

OK if you are switched on or computer literate...

But I`m not and the first to admit it and toooo old to change my ways or learn differently...

Even if I could....:Smile: If any one wants me to ignore them just post up a few letters on there own.. and I will save you the trouble of hitting your ignore button..:giggler:
X. X. X. :*

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Far better to answer a newby`s question..

Then they are more likely to think what a helpful club.

I must join.... :Smile:

As long as it is mentioned they only have 5 free postings...
I completely missed the 5 free postings thing, so just got very frustrated by the forum apparently not working. I would have posted asking for advice. but .....

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
I think the 5 post rule is a bit like marmite. I do however remember reading about it so I feel the info is out there somewhere. Maybe it could be included in the email you get confirming u have joined. Not sure if it is already Jim ? If not a nice sticky pinned post on new members section with the no political posts info bit? That’s where we all come to first 😁 I’m colourblind so I can’t tell the difference between the colours on names. Maybe a banner like visiting Coventry could have an indicator say 5 free posts? Not sure how easy that would be?

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Can I please thank all the Funsters for the questions for their responses to the questions I have yet to ask.... (y)

Just in case I forget at the time of the reply! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back