Just back from Newbury. (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Well, we have just got back from Newbury and our visit meet/ show. We had a fab time and enjoyed ourselves very much. Lovely to have a nice break for the week-end before another hectic week in school for us both. We would love to say a big thank you to all those who we met during the week-end. Thanks to Peter h and Catspyjamas for the quiz on Saturday afternoon and especially to Slobadoberbob, Griffs, Landylover, Toffs-g for chatting with us last night. It was fab metting u all and now look forward to seeing u all again in Stratford, just booked. Looking forward to half term.

:Smile:::bigsmile::thumb::Cool::thanks2::clap:

Looking forward to sharing a glass or 1200 with u. :wine::wine:Lee and Glyn (and Osian and Mwlsyn our beautiful Basset hound boys)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well done lads look forward to seeing you there - maybe we can all have a big BBQ if the weather is right :thumb:

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
BBQ

We will defo be up for that only if we can have chicken lol

:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
1597856_f520.jpg

Is this small enough? I like a lot of breast lol Lee::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well we have just arrived back and so a big thankyou to Chrisboyo and the ramjamband.

Had a great time in General Camping with a field all to our selves, just got to meet Maddie at long last, We missed the Bois, but now I have seen your avatar I did see a couple of Bassets being walked.

The boys survived their survival weekend and when we picked them up they had been eating worms fried and nettles, and stank of smoke. :help:

So see you all at Stratford and get booked in this time.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Shame we missed you but we are now sure that u were by us on the general camipng field. saw u going to fill up with water when we were going over to show - think the Newfoundland helped us lol. Will be in Stratford. ::bigsmile:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sorry were late posting but when we got home we were busy with our grandchildren :Smile:
Thanks to Chris & Liz for a lovely weekend , thanks for the band on Saturday evening it was lovely to have a sing song with you all :thumb:

See most of you in a couple of weeks at Stratford :Smile:

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Thanks Chris and Liz had a great weekend, also thanks to Ash for doing a habitation check on the van for us :thumb: Sorry if we missed any of you to say goodbye, we left early on Sunday morning as we already had other arrangements made. Looking forward to future meets.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Pleasure to meet you guys Love the Bassett hounds

Sadly can't make Stratford

Hope to see you around soon

Cheers
Gary and Cathy

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Had a great time in General Camping with a field all to our selves, just got to meet Maddie at long last, We missed the Bois, but now I have seen your avatar I did see a couple of Bassets being walked.

We enjoyed meeting the 2 of you too. Nice to put faces to a name and meeting up for real.
We had a nice time in the general camping area and met up with some friends for a bbq.

Maddie

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Hi all

Chris N Liz would like to thank all who gave us so much assistance in running the meet

We had a great time and Liz would like to thank all those that contributed to the cake & coffee session that did no good at all to her waistline :ROFLMAO:

A great funster weekend

Happy Funster Daze ahead
Chrisboyo

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Also just home from Newbury, via some rather blustery sections of the M4.
2hrs 20 mins to get there, with a short stop. 3hrs 10 mins and no stop to get home.

Add my thanks to Chris & Liz for some sterling work over the weekend.

See you all at Stratford.

Peter

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Home at last - as Peter says, it's a tad windy out there. M40 was a bit scary!

Thanks Chris & Liz for hosting another great meet! Great to see some new faces too.

Think we may have made a few converts to the bonsai guitar too :ROFLMAO:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I too have reached home safely.

Reality has struck and I'm looking at a pile of washing and ironing prior to going back to work tomorrow :Doh:.

I'll definitely be checking the calendar and booking up for more shows.

See you all soon!!!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
For those that do not know

We will defo be up for that only if we can have chicken lol

:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

For those that did not know.. we had a cook up under Landy Lovers awning.. The Griffs, Toffs G, Land Lover and ourselves.. we had 3 cookers going it a double burner coleman, a cobb unit and a gas top ring burner.. and every one bought chicken.. I was cooking chicken for 2 hours or so.. these was so much chicken Landy Lover and ourselves had it for dinner on Sunday and Ezzie had a good dozen chicken thighs (meat off the bone) for her dinner Sunday night.. I hate the sight of it. Mind you we did have ribs, steak (from Landy Love) and sausages .. lots of loverly sausages from Gillypigs.. recommended.. Jersey Royals potatoes and salid.. plus from Cathy (Toffs G) chinesse dumplings (very good they were to).. plus oceans of wine.

So I bet this time we will not see any chicken.. oh never mind, we can always cook it again.. great weekend. really enjoyed it.. So Ezzie meet the Welshbois Bassett Hounds.. Ezzie also meet Dax (the German of the .

Hoping the Stratford meet will be as good. we really enjoyed the met.. and Bill sorry for all the stories.. but it made my weekend to find someone else that served in the Civil Defence Corp.. There I was thinking I was the only odd ball... (sorry BIll) hunting out the badge tonight.

Bob:Eeek:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thanks Chris and LIz also

Thanks for the rally Chris and LIz.

enjoyed it.. we had a great time...

meet so many old and hopefully some new friends at Newbury.

Hell of a drive back to Tunbridge Wells, The wind was bad.. I am very glad on Sunday we took the awning in.. I doubt it would have been there this morning.

But wind aside it was a good weekend. Just finished unloading, dumping the blank tanks and refilling the water tanks for next week at Stratford on Avon.

Loved Stuart and his 'happy clappy band'.. even if I had to be penetance and try and play his little instrument.. OK I suffered Stuart... but it was fun.. at least a lot joined in whicle some just used there cameras.. oh yea, sorry JJ for waking you up so early.. mind you I think you were still a sleep at 11.30 when we left this morning.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard..:Eeek:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We got home about 4-30pm had a tail wind all the way home, I got a photo of the a black van sitting in the middle of a field all on its own, I wondered whose that, had a brilliant time nice meet new friends and old, going to Jaws bash this weekend, have fun at the rest of the meets,afraid we wont be there my op is in June, (if the op dont work will let Paul loose with his knife, fork and spoon LOL) and out of action for a while,

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Many thanks chris and liz

Many thanks Chris and Liz for all your efforts - much appreciated - as said it was a brilliant meet - the weather was excellent apart from the wind - we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it was great to meet so many of the people we see on the forum - BUT as always there is so much going on that when you have packed up you realise that there was a lot of people there that you just did not manage to meet - Longer rallies are the answer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - we left and drove back with a cross wind all the way to the M5 then a head wind which had some vicious gusts in it. Got back to Somerset about 2.45pm so did not get held up much.

JJ as you will see was on guard waiting for the next show - hadn't the heart to give him a blast on the horns as we left :thumb: I think he thought he was hiding in amongst the funsters

Attachments

• JJ guarding.JPG
    JJ guarding.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 31
  • Lonesome JJ.JPG
    Lonesome JJ.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 25

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it takes the noise of a V10 to get JJ up

Any one know if JJ has woken up yet

Bill you need the V10 power beside his door and the horn going shouting.. wake up JJ to get a response.. but seriously I did wonder if we all drove off and he was unwell in the van and we did not know....

you there JJ?

Bob:whatthe:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I can sleep easier tonight JJ

Very touching concern Funsters... thank you but...

People are easy to deceive... keep your door shut and your curtain closed and they think you are asleep... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

We can all sleep easier to night knowing you are OK.. what would we do without you JJ....answers on a post card please:ROFLMAO:

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back