7-way cold water manifold - where are you (1 Viewer)

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
I have scoured the internets until my scouring muscles snapped.

Hiding under the false wardrobe floor in my B564 are two seven-way water manifolds - one for the hot and one for the cold water supply. One year ago I replaced the hot water manifold with a new brass one from Brownhills. Now the cold water manifold has burst and I cannot find a replacement - or even something I can adapt.

In fact, I have found so little information on this unit that I wonder whether I have been retrofitted with something unusual. In case you don't know what I am talking about. This manifold is a straight 6" tube of white plastic (nylon?) with hose connectors at each end for the incoming pumped supply and drain-down tap. Along the tube are five further connectors which take the water to the various taps and tanks.

If you have any suggestions where I might look for a replacement or a botch-up, I would really appreciate it!

wayfarer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Co. Clare. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The only thing I can suggest is that you take the broken one to a plumbing supply and they should be able to make one up from copper pipe and and solder the fittings for the other connections, or at least they should know someone who can. I had something similar made for an air manifold for the workshop.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Why not try a call to Peter Hambilton in Preston? He is reputed to be the most knowledgeable Hymer expert in the UK and should be able to tell you whether the part you are looking for is an original or a retro-fit. He may also be able to supply the part.

Philip

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Denizen

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
Thanks for suggestions, but most of these I have already tried...

..but..

The O'Leary gas manifold looks a possibility - particularly since I can gang two together. Is gas hose the same internal diameter as flexible water hose? Is it safe to assume that a gas manifold would be safe enough for water? Are there any rusting problems?

I have also found these (just in case anyone else is having my problem):
Link Removed
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Toro-5-Way-Garden-Connector-53905/dp/B0012QO1HE[/ame]

Thought I had checked Screwfix, but on second look I came up with this:
Link Removed

Love to all

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi the gas one should be ok as they are made from stainless steel and if it is gas tight it should be water tight - easy to see under pressure-- The Screwfix one is one of 4 that I found also similar items in Tool station that would be easy to couple two together with out much trouble
:thumb:
terry
try a plumbers merchants they should have all the fittings to make one up / may not be the prettiest thing, but so long as it works

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Try caraparts, they advertise on ebay - good stock, new and used, and deliver really quick!

Alot cheaper too - I had a seitz window half price, new stock too!

Link Removed

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2009
banbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hymer do a replacement, they are now made of brass and don't have the drain plug in, you also have to order blanking plugs for any holes you don't need. The five way was about £65 and the plugs about £2 if i remember.

Bricksy

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Hymer water manifold

I have scoured the internets until my scouring muscles snapped.

Hiding under the false wardrobe floor in my B564 are two seven-way water manifolds - one for the hot and one for the cold water supply. One year ago I replaced the hot water manifold with a new brass one from Brownhills. Now the cold water manifold has burst and I cannot find a replacement - or even something I can adapt.

In fact, I have found so little information on this unit that I wonder whether I have been retrofitted with something unusual. In case you don't know what I am talking about. This manifold is a straight 6" tube of white plastic (nylon?) with hose connectors at each end for the incoming pumped supply and drain-down tap. Along the tube are five further connectors which take the water to the various taps and tanks.

If you have any suggestions where I might look for a replacement or a botch-up, I would really appreciate it!

Having just suffered the same problem I feel I can solve this for you, I am by no means a plumber, however a trip to the local plumbing supplier is a must. I have a 6 way manifold on my B544 and it split whilst we were away. I stripped it out by undoing the nylon nuts that hold the hoses in place and took off the 2 blanks. Then decided that i didn't need a 6 way only 4 ports were being used. I bought 4 x 15mm to 10mm copper reducers, 4 x jubilee clips to suit above, 2 x pust fit plastic T pieces and 1 x push fit elbow. Stick the 15mm end into the push fittings after screwing them together and then push the hoses over the 10mm end and tighten the clips to make it all water tight. It is a lot more durable than the brittle plastic manifold and a lot cheaper than the alternative brass replacement. If you need me to i can email you a picture of the finished product.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Having just suffered the same problem I feel I can solve this for you, I am by no means a plumber, however a trip to the local plumbing supplier is a must. I have a 6 way manifold on my B544 and it split whilst we were away. I stripped it out by undoing the nylon nuts that hold the hoses in place and took off the 2 blanks. Then decided that i didn't need a 6 way only 4 ports were being used. I bought 4 x 15mm to 10mm copper reducers, 4 x jubilee clips to suit above, 2 x pust fit plastic T pieces and 1 x push fit elbow. Stick the 15mm end into the push fittings after screwing them together and then push the hoses over the 10mm end and tighten the clips to make it all water tight. It is a lot more durable than the brittle plastic manifold and a lot cheaper than the alternative brass replacement. If you need me to i can email you a picture of the finished product.
Hi Bricksy and welcome....i think it may have been fixed by now, the thread is dated 22 jan 2010. :ROFLMAO:

simple mistake for a newbie so dont worry about it :thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi John
I did not notice the date either !!!!!!
But--I was going to suggest a manifold from microbore central heating system-----bit late now----------------but I wonder if/how they fixed it ??---would be nice to know for any others with the same problem !!!!
Nigel & Pamala

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Water repair

Just replaced mine, the end blew out on the cold water manifold, had been fixed before by the previous owner. Cost me £15 to replace with four 3/8" T pieces and jubilee clips and three 2" lengths of hose and fifteen minutes later all fixed. Works for me. No way am I paying almost £100 for a replacement.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back