Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We always planned to have a Big Annual Rally (BAR) in a field to mark MotorhomeFun's anniversaries. This September 15-16-17-18 marks our 4th year.

How about a gathering in a field, somewhere in the middle of the country. A regular laid-back rally, but maybe we could lay on a bit of entertainment, as well as have a couple of seminars/speakers, such as full timing, travel security, photography/photoshop, along with a bouncy castle for the kids etc.

Keeps those dates free and if you would be interested in attending or have any idea about a venue or activities for the weekend, please shout up here. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ermmm Jim!!! We already have a rally booked for then! :cry: Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Big Birthday Rally

Great idea, we'd be very interested (but will have to sneak off on 17th to a wedding). Will think about a venue. :thumb:
Lynda & Ken

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ermmm Jim!!! We already have a rally booked for then! :cry: Jane
yeah, but suffolks a little too far south for us northerners for a weekend.

something a little closer would be ideal and we really do need to celebrate funs birthday :thumb:

edit: actually someone moved suffolk a bit further north than it used to be :Doh::Blush:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Boo hoo.... we have already booked a trip also in lieu of a Birthday .... :thumb::thumb::thumb:are you sure you have the dates correct Jim :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: before the 10th or after ther 25th is good

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm easy with the dates, would not want to clash with BobandJanes Suffolk meet, and anyway they would want to attend the BAR:thumb: maybe we could go for the first weekend, that would clash with the Newark show, or we could go with the last weekend but that puts into October and the weather that goes with it. Thinking about it, the first weekend looks best to me:Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Wishing you and all the perfect turnout for this and if dates allow hopefully we will be there :thumb::thumb::thumb:

John n Kath xx

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We always planned to have a Big Annual Rally (BAR) in a field to mark MotorhomeFun's anniversaries. This September 15-16-17-18 marks our 4th year.

How about a gathering in a field, somewhere in the middle of the country. A regular laid-back rally, but maybe we could lay on a bit of entertainment, as well as have a couple of seminars/speakers, such as full timing, travel security, photography/photoshop, along with a bouncy castle for the kids etc.

Keeps those dates free and if you would be interested in attending or have any idea about a venue or activities for the weekend, please shout up here. :thumb:

I would be interested - there is a small site nr Chipping Norton, (Link Removed) only 30 pitches though. I have had a couple of repairs done here and they are good people...

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We would be up for it Jim if it was central somewhere

will keep watching the post

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
BAR

"somewhere in the middle of the country" - that would be within a few miles of Carlisle then, Jim?

(Or have you declared independence for Scotland already?)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Amazingly we have that weekend booked to, as it is the 10th anniversary of the start of Bikers Oracle ( the group name of the forums I help run )

But hey, We are out of the country until the 14th, the next weekend is the B O anniversay, the following weekend is the Lincoln show..
Nowt booked for the last weekend so far !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just an idea Jim.....

Bosworth Water.....home to the first ever motorhome fun meet.

not sure if the site is big enough for all of us though !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just an idea Jim.....

Bosworth Water.....home to the first ever motorhome fun meet.

not sure if the site is big enough for all of us though !

Mmm....maybe not.....friday and saturday nights are £24 per unit per night with leccy, other nights with leccy £17 and the site certainly aint worth £17/£24 per night at any time.

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
How about Alcester, near Stratford on Avon??
Fairly central.
It is the place we had our wedding weekend and he has told us if we get more than 50 units he will close the campsite for us and we can have all three of his fields...£5 per night but no ehu.
What about the bank holiday in august????

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Why hold a seperate rally? Hold it at the Newark show. 4 years, how time flies

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
May I reccomend where I had the meet in the middle a couple of years ago? Good size rally field, a barn that is heated if anything goes wrong from the weather, the landlord will arrange entertainment, there is a pub on site that does food, and it is

SMACK BANG in the middle of the country. :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
May I reccomend where I had the meet in the middle a couple of years ago? Good size rally field, a barn that is heated if anything goes wrong from the weather, the landlord will arrange entertainment, there is a pub on site that does food, and it is

SMACK BANG in the middle of the country. :thumb:

And which country will that be Paul?

The middle of Great Britain would be just North of the Yorkshire Dales. :Smile:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Sounds good Jim, would love to celebrate Funs birthday.

[HI]Would prefer 24-25th September.
[/HI]

BHweekend I would find that most people would have booked or planned elsewhere.

3rd-4th September we are at Dorset Steam rally. (or France for two weeks from BHweekend)

17th-18th Bob and Janes Rally.

But realise its a big headache to get dates that suit everyone, good luck.

Pat

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Brilliant idea coz it rubs it in the nose of The Dark Side and offers significant publicity for more to make the move to The One True Site.
Is that really necessary Brian? :Sad:

Jim, we'd love to attend, pending dates and place. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is that really necessary Brian? :Sad:
Jock & Rita.

I don't understand or you don't, the raison d'etre of FUN was to rub FACTS nose in it. It's MH folk law now, Jim has spat with Dave, Jim, who had no experience of running a forum, sets up alternative to the clique controlled site. Jim celebrates 4 years of a sound demonstration that you don't need jack boots to run a civilised site.

Simples.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
As long as i am in the UK I am DEFINITELY up for it, being there art the start and the great 1st rally would love to attend this one.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I don't understand or you don't, the raison d'etre of FUN was to rub FACTS nose in it. It's MH folk law now, Jim has spat with Dave, Jim, who had no experience of running a forum, sets up alternative to the clique controlled site. Jim celebrates 4 years of a sound demonstration that you don't need jack boots to run a civilised site.

Simples.
Yes Brian I am well aware of the fact that if there hadn't been a Facts, there wouldn't have been a Fun, and I have understood it for much longer than you have, Funster No 5089.
I just don't think that there is a need to keep on about it, after Fun's great success over the last four years.

Regards,

Funster No 49.

Back on topic.
If going for somewhere central, the venue would have to be a Northern location. The same problems arose on Facts, when trying to sort out a location for their Global meets. It's the old adage, of not being able to please all of the people, all of the time.

Good luck with it anyhow Jim.

Cheers,

Jock.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
And which country will that be Paul?

The middle of Great Britain would be just North of the Yorkshire Dales. :Smile:

:Blush: ooo, err :Blush:

Sorry Keith, your right to point out the error of my ways, Just I thought that since May's election, by the time September comes, my cousins up there would of built Hadrians wall back up and put in passport control :ROFLMAO:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
How about Alcester, near Stratford on Avon??
Fairly central.
It is the place we had our wedding weekend and he has told us if we get more than 50 units he will close the campsite for us and we can have all three of his fields...£5 per night but no ehu.
What about the bank holiday in august????

Can't do bank holiday in August Jim, your sister site is holding it's yearly block buster event then.:winky:

Stratford sounds good though:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back