Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi

Further to my previous thread, I have been in touch with WOW but its looking like our Boxer doesn't have electronically controlled turbo, ie its mechanically controlled. Does anyone know if there is any way we can improve the pulling power?

Thanks.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If it is common rail I still have the control box I bought from Torquing of Cats .. It improved our mpg figures by a worthwhile amount ( I did publish all the figures ) and more than paid for its self in one year.

It is now obsolete purely because the guys at WOW ! Tuning promised me they could improve on the figures.. After a couple of false starts and a bit of map reworking they have been as good as their word..
But yes, if I could not have had a map put on I would still be happily using the Torquing of Cats magic box ( average mpg went from about 21 to 24, and I would be the first to admit my right boot has a lead sole ! )

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hi

Further to my previous thread, I have been in touch with WOW but its looking like our Boxer doesn't have electronically controlled turbo, ie its mechanically controlled. Does anyone know if there is any way we can improve the pulling power?

Thanks.

short skirt high heels and a low top :ROFLMAO:

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
We had our Dogue de Bordeaux 'chipped' and it did not make him any faster still as docile, may work on Boxer's ::bigsmile:

(sorry for being a div :winky:)

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Mapp defo works!

Well as I said I would let you know how well the ole MH did after the weekend and after being re-mapped :Smile:

He was super fast and we estimated we saved about 4-5 MPG! :thumb:

We need to run him a few more times to be sure that the above is correct but we are happy we have done it so far.

We didnt use WOW though as they were WAY to expensive! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Well as I said I would let you know how well the ole MH did after the weekend and after being re-mapped :Smile:

He was super fast and we estimated we saved about 4-5 MPG! :thumb:

We need to run him a few more times to be sure that the above is correct but we are happy we have done it so far.

We didnt use WOW though as they were WAY to expensive! :Eeek:

Well, don't keep us on tenterhooks ...
Who did it and how much ???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back