W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
We decided to get the MH out at the weekend for a run as it hasnt been used for 3 weeks as we are saving for our holiday at the end of May! Anyway went to the storage place where we keep her and as i got out of car i was hearing this horrible screech of a buzzer coming from our van which i instantly though "ALARM" anyway it didn't stop when i unlocked her as we have a Canbus Cobra alarm, so i was on the investergation...

After about 5 mins i found the noise was coming from under the seat where the "Inverter" is for the 12v side of our Dometic Aircon...

Yeap you guessed it silly me had left the inverter on for 3 weeks solid.. The aircon wasn't on just the inverter and i had 2x 130amp Elecsols flat as a pancake and i mean flat 3.4v oooooppps...

But thank god i have Elecsols being carbon fibre and not like other leisure batteries these bad boys can handle the lack of charge and were up to 12.6v after a drive,

Who says buying expensive batteries don't pay....

Unlike conventional batteries, the Elecsol battery Range does not suffer from permanent lead sulphation, which is caused by leaving your battery in a discharged state or by overcharging

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Who says buying expensive batteries don't pay....

Craig

I for one ...

I bought an Elecsol and it failed at less than 18 months old .. when I made a claim under the warranty was informed I was to blame .. I had misused it .. After a long battle I was offered a new one with a 30% discount .. You only get a pro rata discount if it fails within the warranty period.. NOT a free replacement .. I told them to stuff it ..

I now only ever buy cheapo FLAs .. I bought four 85 ah for the RV, total cost £130 .. (2005 prices ) they were five years old when I sold it, still going strong.. and that was full time and being used/abused regularly ..

Elecsol cost about double a regular FLA.. will they last 10 years ? My experience says no .. but don't take my word.. Google 'failed Elecsol' I am not alone in being a disgruntled Elecsol customer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
You will be happy with them i am sure.. plus a great 5 year garrentee.... Makes them well worth while... But i will have to look into this after reading last comment lol thanks Jim mine where in the van from day 1 and dealer has said if they are knackered they will replace.. but i guess thats under the 12mths warranty with them..

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Worrying thing tho! Why didn't the people you were storing with, phone to tell you about the noise?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I for one ...

I bought an Elecsol and it failed at less than 18 months old .. when I made a claim under the warranty was informed I was to blame .. I had misused it .. After a long battle I was offered a new one with a 30% discount .. You only get a pro rata discount if it fails within the warranty period.. NOT a free replacement .. I told them to stuff it ..

I now only ever buy cheapo FLAs .. I bought four 85 ah for the RV, total cost £130 .. (2005 prices ) they were five years old when I sold it, still going strong.. and that was full time and being used/abused regularly ..

Elecsol cost about double a regular FLA.. will they last 10 years ? My experience says no .. but don't take my word.. Google 'failed Elecsol' I am not alone in being a disgruntled Elecsol customer.

Hi Jim,

I,m thinking of new batteries so this is interesting.
I googled "failed elecsol" and got nothing.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&ds=p...failed+elecsol&pbx=1&fp=c69fbefbb4f66bcd&bs=1

Anything else I should put, thanks
callum

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim,

I,m thinking of new batteries so this is interesting.
I googled "failed elecsol" and got nothing.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&ds=p...failed+elecsol&pbx=1&fp=c69fbefbb4f66bcd&bs=1

Anything else I should put, thanks
callum

that's odd.. I get this

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=failed+elecsol&cp=14&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=failed+elecsol&pbx=1&fp=aa2a5230fe2f7258

haven't read any yet .. it was a few years ago so some stories may have been buried..

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I wonder what you would of said if it had been your wife left the invertor on:Angry::winky::Doh::shout:

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
I wonder what you would of said if it had been your wife left the invertor on:Angry::winky::Doh::shout:

life sentence for murder i would have got lol. Storage people wouldnt have heard it you had to be right next to it. Its a great storage yard great security etc but pants service lol.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back