Would this work? Fuel saving device (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Saw this on Ebay (I look at MHs for sale and dream--I am a sad person!)

"POSIFLOW fuel saving device, works simply by attaching the magnets to the fuel line using the 2 tie wraps supplied. I was a skeptic to begin with but fitted one to my Audi A3 Diesel Turbo and travel from Wincanton to London regularly for £10.00 as apposed to £13.00 or £14.00 which is simply wonderful.

This simple device was originally fitted to Merlin aircraft engines during the War, fuel was in short supply, and often a cock-tale of combustible fuels and oils was put into aircraft, magnets work by organizing the molecules in straight lines, thus the burn in the combustion chamber is more efficient, thus saving fuel 20% and claims 50% less emissions as well as a cleaner smoother running engine. The spray into the combustion chamber is finer which also helps the burn.

This device can be fitted by anyone who can identify the fuel line to the injectors or carburetter and usually takes 5 minutes with no tools required. Can be fitted to motorbikes as well as cars, vans, lorries etc etc. Posiflow can be fitted to both diesel and petrol engines up-to 2.5 litre (2.500cc), then you just place two eco-devices side by side for larger capacity engines."

No idea if it is genuine/would work/wouldn't work. I am totally untechnical.

Anyone know? I'll save the link so I can post it here (haven't as not sure that's allowed)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
was a thread on this a fw weeks back holly, Comprehensive answer was no!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
In a word no, it's a SCAM ... can't work , doesn't work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Any improvement will be atributed to your right foot only, just goes to show if you set your mind to it, you can save yourself a fortune.
The Hawthorne effect Generally accepted psychological theory that the behavior of an individual or a group will change to meet the expectation. :Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I am gullible. I asked at my garage when doing the MOT.... they said it was a load of rubbish.:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Any improvement will be atributed to your right foot only, just goes to show if you set your mind to it, you can save yourself a fortune.
The Hawthorne effect Generally accepted psychological theory that the behavior of an individual or a group will change to meet the expectation. :Eeek:

sadly .... it doesn't apply to women .. :Sad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I couldn't see what magnets could do but hey, what do I know??? I can teach dyslexic kids to read but my technical knowledge is zilch :-(--OH was an ex-technician/mechanic.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OI, JIM! :Angry: gUESs where I'd like to put my magnets! Cheeky! :winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
allegedly they align the fuel molecules to make a more efficient burn.

how can magnetism affect a none magnetic substance ?

load of old tosh :Doh:

if you want to save fuel then only drive downhill and put drawing pins in yer right sock :roflmto:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Complete and utter rubbish, they do not work! Also they were NOT fitted to Merlin engines during WWII, I used to know an ex RAF flight mechanic who was in thee RAF during the war and he told me personally there was no such rubbish used as life expectancy of the planes and pilots was so low as to render engine life expectancy immaterial. This is pure BS put about by people selling junk to gullible souls because there is virtually no-one left alive who worked on planes during WWII to prove them wrong!

At the P'boro show I was talking to a seller of this cr@p and he was telling me how it could make a non LEZ compatible vehicle compatible..............till I explained that the LEZ is not done on individual vehicles unless the owner pays a fortune for his vehicle to be tested by VOSA, every year! The only way to make a non compliant vehicle comply is by retro fitting diesel particulate filters in the exhaust system at about £3K a pop!

Many years ago I listened to a pruveyor of this rubbish explaining that it worked by means of an anhydrous, aspherical catalytic reaction. Anhydrous means without water and aspherical means not round.............so its a load of dry oddly shaped balls then. Also a catalytic reaction is where a substance ( the catalyst) supports a chemical reaction without being consumed in itself, it also needs an energy source. Magnets on fuel lines do NOT constitute a catalytic reaction.

FUEL MAGNETS AND PELLETS IN THE TANK DO NOTHING TO IMPROVE EMISSIONS OR REDUCE FUEL CONSUM PTION!

D.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Oh bugger I only read the first bit of the post..........rushed out ripped all the bloody speakers to bits for the magnets got some cable ties out the garage.........was just about to put em on flea bay for 50quid a pop......then continued reading :Doh: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Any one know where I can weigh in a load o magnets :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Surely you are all being a bit negative here?

I am pretty certain that if you put a load of strong magnets on your front bumper and drove close enough to the truck in front of you, the truck would partially pull you along thus saving you fuel?

JJ :winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Of course they work.....

Buy as many as possible...

The added weight will really affect your fuel consumption...:thumb::RollEyes:
.erm LESS MPG IS WELL ACHIEVABLE WITH THESE FITTED........................Allegedly

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The best fuel saving devices on the market are listed below:

AA
RAC
GREEN FLAG
ADAC

You can get from here to Scotland on a fiver of diesel!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back