Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hey guys. What do you put in croissants?. I just had a taste of Tez croissants cos o said I don't like them. But I found I do!!. But what do you put in them?Jam,butter? What. They taste nice on their own bit I feel they should have somethong more added

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hey guys. What do you put in croissants?. I just had a taste of Tez croissants cos o said I don't like them. But I found I do!!. But what do you put in them?Jam,butter? What. They taste nice on their own bit I feel they should have somethong more added

I like them toasted with a bit of jam inside, Mmmmmmmm

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Anything you like! ::bigsmile:

I slice them open and apply liberal quantities of butter and apricot jam.:thumb:

But, cream cheese, nutella, jam, etc etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Definitely has to be jam or nuttella, on the other hand they are great with cheese and ham in them too!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Haha - another Poulain devotee! - bought some Poulain actual chocolate last year, ie in a bar, wrapped in silver paper etc etc - it was really quite cheap, 3 or maybe 5 bars for a few Euros, not seen it before or since. Nothing like Bournville either, just as smooth but not so sweet. Lerrrvely!

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Croissants are the staple French breakfast bread.
They make for a healthy breakfast.
I like them warm with butter and marmalade
and a side order of chips!

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Barbara likes her croisants toasted & with Jam or marmalade :Smile:
I just rip the end off & eat em Raw :Eeek::Smile:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks guys. That's just about anything goes then when it cones to croissants?
Sweet or savoury, we love French food, we won't be provisioning up to come here next time buy we will ne provisioning up to go back yes indeedy. Hasta la Vista baby. We WILL be back

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Haha - another Poulain devotee! -

And another here :thumb: I seem to remember they used to also do tins of chocolate shavings-think it was called '1848' or similar-sprinkled on top it was superb,but not seen it recently.

Mike
ps-I'll look on Wed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

I think 'what do you put in them has been answered' but there are alternatives :thumb:
My favourite is 'Pain au Raisin' followed a close 2nd by 'Pain au Chocolat'

Also we have found that at 'Dobby's' garden centres in UK you can buy frozen,uncooked Croissants,pain au raisin,pain au chocolat and chocolate twists. You take them out of freezer the night before you want them,place them on a baking tray with a cloth over them,and by morning they will have defrosted and 'risen' (spelling ?) Then just brush with egg yolk and pop in oven till they are golden brown.::bigsmile:
The closest we've found to the genuine article.

Mike.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Thanks guys. That's just about anything goes then when it cones to croissants?
Sweet or savoury, we love French food, we won't be provisioning up to come here next time buy we will ne provisioning up to go back yes indeedy. Hasta la Vista baby. We WILL be back

Let me be the first one to say....................

TOLD YOU SO

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Its not what you put in 'em, its what you have 'em in!

France, dunked in your coffee, whilst the Gallic world happens around you.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I think 'what do you put in them has been answered' but there are alternatives :thumb:
.................. snip ..............
The closest we've found to the genuine article.

Mike.

I don't know about 'Dobbys Garden Centres' but the closest croissants we have found are those freshly baked at our local Co-Op. As a matter of fact we had them only this morning when we hosted an American guest en-route back to the U.S. of A. from a twice yearly two month tour of Europe (in his Hymer Van) and he commented that they were by far the best he'd ever had outside France and indeed were even better than some he'd eaten IN France...
We've thought this for a number of years - no others come close to 'the genuine article'. Expensive though ... 76p each this morning, but we appreciate the quality before resenting the price ... :thumb:

PS Having just proof-read my post I thought I'd better add that I have no connection in any way to the Co-Op other than a satisfied customer ::bigsmile: Honest

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
So many fillings, so little time!

I beleive the french dip in chocolate - but then they don't have the dry old things we have other here!

I find jams, butters, and marmite are all good!

And for a savoury...cheese and msuhroom, melted mmm!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back