Bristol Balloon Fiesta (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
HI . Does anyone know of best or closest place to camp for said fiesta? , I previously camped with c/cc local d.a. 1.5 mls away is there anywhere closer.

August 11th to 14th Bristol Balloon Fiesta Well worth visiting (FREE):thumb:

Terry:winky:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
HI . Does anyone know of best or closest place to camp for said fiesta? , I previously camped with c/cc local d.a. 1.5 mls away is there anywhere closer.

August 11th to 14th Bristol Balloon Fiesta Well worth visiting (FREE):thumb:

Terry:winky:

Sorry I can't help with camp sites, but as I used to live just a few miles north of Bristol we would frequently see these amazing balloons come over and often land in the fields around the village.

It is indeed a magnificent and "Free" spectacle, particularly the Balloon "Glows" once it gets dark in the evenings.

Well worth a visit if you have never been. :thumb::thumb:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
The nearest place to camp is across the road from the Fiesta venue. However you need to be a member of the Motor Caravaners Club as it is the Avon Sections rally. We went last year and it took five minutes from there to get into the Fiesta. I think the cost was £6 per night. Bearing in mind that they charge £6 a day parking around there then I think you are getting a bargain.

However I believe that the C& CC also have a rally going on that is very close as well but you have to book for the whole week.

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I can concur with Sonja, nearest campsite to the fiesta.

Some of us didnt have to get out of bed to watch the 6 am ascent, they went straight over the motorhomes, wonderful sight the balloons not me:ROFLMAO:

It was the only time we saw an ascent as the weather prohibited other take offs.

Pat

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
It's a 20 minute off road walk from the Baltic Wharf caravan club site to Ashton Court where the balloons take off. However, I expect that as the site is only small that it is already fully booked for the weekend.

I have seen large numbers of caravans and motorhomes parked in 2 different locations in the past. I presume that these are the rallies mentioned previously. One site is in a field opposite the Long Ashton gate into the court, the other site is at Ashton Park School.

Hope this helps....:thumb:

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
The nearest place to camp is across the road from the Fiesta venue. However you need to be a member of the Motor Caravaners Club as it is the Avon Sections rally. We went last year and it took five minutes from there to get into the Fiesta. I think the cost was £6 per night. Bearing in mind that they charge £6 a day parking around there then I think you are getting a bargain.

Many Thanks for that, I have just sent off my membership application to join MCC also spoke to rally secretary at avon who assures me plenty of room approx 400 spaces no need to book. Many thanks again Terry:thumb:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Im sure you will enjoy it Terry. Last year on Thursday and Saturday they had the night glows which were fantastic. All the balloons lighting up in time with the music. The weather last year was not balloon friendly but I got to see the balloons going up at 6am. As Pat said she didnt even get out of bed but watched them from the bedroom window:roflmto:

The park and ride is just a short walk away as well.

Sonja

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
What a good weekend the Balloon Fiesta is, you can see most of it from the MCC site, even the Red Arrows fly over the site. Avon group do a really good job, even when the site is wet....
I've put a couple of photos from the rally site in my album.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
the link Paulus gave re the rugby club is very close. We were able to walk through the golf course which is directly opposite the site, and leads into the show. The year we went the club members did a bar-b-q, for us all. Well worth a visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back