LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If it doesn't work it will be because the seller still got the full amount with that discount with eBay making up the difference - strange but that's what happened for this one Broken Link Removed according to the Safefill bottle seller.
As this looks like a good security product we had already emailed the manufacturer to see if they can offer an ongoing Fun discount code for their website - will update here once we hear back.
I did work on them for a discount code, but they are on a fairly small profit margin with these

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for the recommendation.
Looks to be a good bit of additional security at a reasonable price.
I am a new member and have just ordered one direct from ATE I did let them know that my order was through MH Fun forum. Hopefully they may send discount code for other members!!

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Thanks to all who posted info on RTE pedal lock I am interested in a purchase but noticed web site (ebay) pedal lock for automatic was for 2006-2014 my van will be a Fiat automatic will this 2006-2014 fit
Try phoning them. I did to ask if they had one for my Daughter's Bongo - they didn't. :(

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it doesn't work it will be because the seller still got the full amount with that discount with eBay making up the difference - strange but that's what happened for this one Broken Link Removed according to the Safefill bottle seller.
As this looks like a good security product we had already emailed the manufacturer to see if they can offer an ongoing Fun discount code for their website - will update here once we hear back.
A prompt friendly reply but no Fun discount code - as TheBig1 posted their margins are too narrow - it was worth a try!
Have to agree that £60 delivered is a very fair price & those that bought these at £48 with eBay discount got a bargain (y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
A prompt friendly reply but no Fun discount code - as TheBig1 posted their margins are too narrow - it was worth a try!
Have to agree that £60 delivered is a very fair price & those that bought these at £48 with eBay discount got a bargain (y)

That would be me then .... now where's that gloating emoji when I need one. :giggle: :giggle: ;)

Sep 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Exp
I was searching for another security measure to protect our motorhome from theft, and thought of the excellent clutch claw, as was marketed to motorhomers at shows a few years ago. Not a bad price at £119, but the ability to fit an automatic van was a bit vague and non comital from the company. So the search went on, and on eBay I found several similar devices at all sorts of pricing

The one that caught my eye was a product made by a small engineering firm who do welding on site and in their workshop. I was a little concerned as it was so cheap, £60 including delivery and a decent lock. The lock is at least half that value, as it is pretty substantial. The rest is 2 pieces of 8mm steel plate, lazer cut, welded and painted a nice blue colour.

Upon delivery I unpacked the pedal lock and was immediately impressed with the obvious quality of the finish and how it fits together. The lower part goes beneath the pedals, with a plate that fits on top. All secured with a substantial lock on the top, which would take a lot of work to cut off and is impossible to attack with bolt croppers like a normal padlock

Out of the packaging
View attachment 447728

Taken apart to fit, just 3 parts
View attachment 447727

First slide the bottom slotted plate under the pedals, with the pedal arms in the slots and move it to an upright positionView attachment 447729

Drop the other steel plate on the top, covering the lower plate and leaving the hole for the key
View attachment 447730

Then open the lock and slot over the hole in the plate. I found that the key needs turning a full 90 degrees so the key faces up and down. Then press the lock barrel in and turn the key. As simple as that
View attachment 447731

This lock is very substantial and secure. I can highly recommend this to any motorhomer or even a van owner as a very good investment for the security of your vehicle.

I purchased direct from their website and got 2 free window stickers in addition. All in a bargain at £60 and models available for most popular vans, whether automatic or manual. I have absolutely no connection to this supplier and this review is intended to be helpful to other members. I did ask about a discount for other members, but at this price the margins are very tight. Also happy to help a small business in these troubled times

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Ordered one today from Ebay for our Fiat Ducato Automatic. Can't have too much security, especially when parked on driveway.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Do like the smart blue paintwork but for anyone that would prefer this to be more visible as a deterrent - know some mentioned respraying the lock to a brighter colour but perhaps reflective coloured tape/stickers would be an easier option?

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
*Update* they are sending me another unit they have been very helpful only problem is they are using hermes again 🤞😂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I read the title of this thread and looked at the avatar and thought one of his dogs had eaten his security equipment! :giggle:

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I have seen posts on here about making a quick getaway. How would you do that with one of these fitted?

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have seen posts on here about making a quick getaway. How would you do that with one of these fitted?
it might take 20 seconds to unlock but would make a useful weapon

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Don't think there would be a need to fit one if you were sleeping in the van,,BUSBY.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
They might threaten you, and make you get out of the van then drive off with the van. Leaving you standing there in your PJ’s and night cap😂😂

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
‘PJs’.......I don’t think so! ;)

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Errr found the stickers on the lock itself as i fitted it yesterday :giggle:
fTl8XDL+Q%Kd5VIX+Pw9pQ.jpg

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
These are extremely good value for money. I have a "clutch claw" on my MH, but considered getting an ATE lock for my daughter's Bongo. I contacted ATE, but unfortunately they do make a suitable version, so I decided to make my own.

After measuring up, I modelled the assembly in Fusion 360, and then made a MDF prototype which seems to work well. I've sourced the padlock that they use (£30) and 8mm plate for the body, and 10mm plate for the removable top portion. (£15)

So far, with what I've spent on materials, + the cost of some new cutting disks and paint once it's finished, the £48 that some people paid is very good!

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
I got mine for a 2018 Ford. My brother in law had to cut the slots more for me as I have a carpet in my footwell and the lock wouldn’t fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back