LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having been back in the UK for just over a week after a 4 week tour of France and Spain without staying on one campsite I can confirm that it is still possible to wild in Spain,even on some of the beaches.
It has been some years since I did the beaches in Spain and was told many times that it was no longer allowed. Well I went for it and can say that in the 4 weeks we were never moved on once or had any problems with locals or police.
Some of my favourite wild beaches where there were height
barriers
fitted some time ago have had them removed and its now possible to park there.
Will be putting a few photos on during the next few days,I wonder if any of you travelers recognise some of the places,I know they are a bit out of the way but some used to be pretty well known.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 002.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 002.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 003.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 006.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 006.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 004.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 004.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The one above was on Playa Percheles Mazaron which was always my favourite.

Todays were taken at Isla Plana,where am sure many of you have parked over the years. You cant get much closer to the beach than these.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 011.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 011.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 012.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 012.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 71

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Shhhhh. don't go telling every one, let them pay 12e to 20e a night in the camp site, or better still stay the UK and leave the best places for those that know.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Oops sorry about that Doug. Heres me thinking that the idea of forums was to share information.:Doh:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It is but somethings are worth protecting. (tongue firmly in cheek)

Doug...

I have a list of over 500 wild camping places in my database, Do you think I found them all by myself????. Some I did,but most were passed on by other like minded people over a period of 11 years traveling.
These wildings have been used by generations of free spirited people who have unselfishly passed this information on.
If all the people on this forum decided to go to Spain all at the same time and use these wildings the probability of seeing another funster on the same wilding would be very remote. Throughout my life I have never been afraid to share information that I have gathered and have been very lucky to receive info in return.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
I have a list of over 500 wild camping places in my database, Do you think I found them all by myself????. Some I did,but most were passed on by other like minded people over a period of 11 years traveling.
These wildings have been used by generations of free spirited people who have unselfishly passed this information on.
If all the people on this forum decided to go to Spain all at the same time and use these wildings the probability of seeing another funster on the same wilding would be very remote. Throughout my life I have never been afraid to share information that I have gathered and have been very lucky to receive info in return.

OK, I'm sorry, I did not mean for you to take it that way.

Doug...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Heres another one for you.

A lovely Spanish fishing village, no tourists, no chip shops, super.

Was parked for 2 days 20 yards from the beach but didnt realise till we left that it was a storm drain, good job it didnt rain.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 014.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 014.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 013.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 013.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 015.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 015.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am sure some of you must have been on this one...By the lighthouse at the end of the La Manga strip.
20 yards from the beach again.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 016.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 016.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 017.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 017.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35
Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Wilding in Spain

We stayed at the end of La Manga and the other spot looks a bit like Azhoia we also stayed there last winter ,you were a bit luckier than us with the police we had our number plate took in Santa pola and numberplate and all documents photagraphed in La marina even though we did'nt actually stay there we'd just called in to have a look, as far as we know we hav'nt had any fines but my licence is registered to a house we rent out so we'l probably never know untill next year when we return to Spain.
There is still plenty of wild camping spots in Spain but some of the more popular spots seem to being targetted by the guardia civil.:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There has been problems in La Marina for a few years now. I used to park in the dunes down there about 5 years ago. The problems started when some campers were emptying cassettes in the dunes.Its always the selfish few that spoil it for the majority.The crazy part is its normaly the selfish ones that are the first to compain.
Even when wilding with an RV I have always tried to keep a low profile,somtimes it can be a bit difficult but it is possible with some thought.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well spotted with the Azhoia alan. You must have spent a lot of time there to spot that.
Here's another one. This will be much more difficult and one of the most unlikely places to wild. Beautiful views and again within 20 yards of the beach.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 018.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 018.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 020.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 020.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The previous one was on Cabo Roig,just south of Torrevieja. One of the most unlikely places to wild but adjoining the coastal walkway with as you can see beautiful views.

This one today is my absolute favourite restaurant in the world...Auberge Can Joan, high in the Albere above Le Perthus. It is allowed to park up for the night if you are eating there. The reason for this is that all alcohol is included in the price of the meal. One thing for sure you will need a clear head to negotiate that road,don't attempt the road with anything bigger that 6.5 mtrs long.
They don't have a website but if you Google it you will have some idea why its my favourite.
Hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed the tour.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 023.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 023.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 027.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 027.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know about everyone else but I love hearing about other people's travels as I am unable to go on any long distance/time ones myself due to circumstances.. It's like watching a good travel programme on tv about places I can only dream about.

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Having been back in the UK for just over a week after a 4 week tour of France and Spain without staying on one campsite I can confirm that it is still possible to wild in Spain,even on some of the beaches.
It has been some years since I did the beaches in Spain and was told many times that it was no longer allowed. Well I went for it and can say that in the 4 weeks we were never moved on once or had any problems with locals or police.

Some of my favourite wild beaches where there were height
barriers
fitted some time ago have had them removed and its now possible to park there.
Will be putting a few photos on during the next few days,I wonder if any of you travelers recognise some of the places,I know they are a bit out of the way but some used to be pretty well known.
Hi Snowbird, sent you a private message re your stopovers but not had reply. Are they that secret ??

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Snowbird, sent you a private message re your stopovers but not had reply. Are they that secret ??
No they are sertainly NOT secret,thats why I posted some of them on here.

The reason I didnt send them to you by return PM is that am afraid I have more important things to do than write over 500 wilding locations down and send them to anyone by PM.:Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
No they are sertainly NOT secret,thats why I posted some of them on here.

The reason I didnt send them to you by return PM is that am afraid I have more important things to do than write over 500 wilding locations down and send them to anyone by PM.:Doh:

You could always make a file out of them and upload the file to motorhomefun, then you would not have to do all the work sending them bit at a time.

Doug...

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your right there Doug I could if I knew how to make a file and I had time to copy it all from my notebooks,etc.
Problem is am to busy enjoying life and trying to get on with it as best I can.
Am only a two finger typist and it takes me all my time to put a few lines on a post.
The last thing in the world I would want to do is copy all the info I have onto a computer,then make a file of it....Sorry if this sounds selfish of me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back