Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi....Does anybody know who fits underslung lpg tanks on motorhomes and what kind of prices they are fitted:Eeek:....for a Fiat alko chassis

Thanks Mel

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi Mel, try Link Removed

think the cost is somewhere between £400- 700 depending on what size tank you have fitted, Have thought about it myself, but couldn't justify the cost as we have never needeed it with the gaslow we have.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The local Baileys service centre fitted mine-I talked him into it and it was the first he had done. I think it cost around £600 and I ended up with a 40ltr tank after we found that the 100 ltr tank we wanted to fit would be about 2" below the lowest point on the chassis-so not a good idea.
Mike.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
The local Baileys service centre fitted mine-I talked him into it and it was the first he had done. I think it cost around £600 and I ended up with a 40ltr tank after we found that the 100 ltr tank we wanted to fit would be about 2" below the lowest point on the chassis-so not a good idea.
Mike.

Don't worry about them being below the chassis - these things are tougher than you think!

Mine was low on my old trooper, and proven tough enough on the most awful terrain off road being bumped and banged around, and scraped along the ruts. Never even dented it!

One thing you have to remember - they are designed to withstand accident impacts. In truth, the straps would break before you pierced the tank - and it you did damage it, the gas cuts out!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back