mini satelite (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
aldi have satelite system on offer again next week 49 pounds anyone had one any reviews welcome

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've got the one they used to sell, which came in a bag rather than a case, and it is fine.

From the looks of the photo on the Aldi web site the difference is in the dish and mounting. It says it is ideal for caravans but doesn't say whether it works on 12v so worth checking that and that the mounting option(s) work for you.

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
These come on the market on a regular basis, I had one for years & it worked all over W Europe.

It takes practice to get the satellite but once you get the hang of it I found it really easy.

The box is more than likely to be mains power but the wattage is very low so a 150W inverter will run it. I still use my box for tuning, on a 150W inverter, as they react much quicker than a Sky box making finding Astra 2 much easier.

It appears to have all the usual fittings for mounting, although I found the sucker mounting the most useful as you can stick it anywhere on the van there is a flat surface. They do hang on well, I once drove through Germany with it stuck on the side of the MH, when I had forgotten to remove it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: Looks like Dick has read the description better than I did. :Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back