LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As some of you will know I have been running two motorhomes now for some time, my old Tiffin RV and a VW coachbuilt. Have just returned from a tour of France and Spain in the VW and have visited places that I would normaly miss with the RV. So am in a bit of a delema as I have decieded to sell one of the campers,or maybe both and replace with somthing in between. Having visited a well known dealer at the weekend am more confused than ever as I cant find anything better than what I have. The only camper I think would suit my neads is maybe the Hymer 660s or 694. The problem with these is that they are not that much shorter than my beloved Tiffin. So am back to square one,dont know what to do...keep both and replace with somthing that is much the same as I have, or sell one and keep one...but WHICH ONE.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Dave
If we were thinking of going away from our set-up-- I would try and talk you into selling the Tiffin----to me----- it's an ideal long term travelling vehicle IMHO.
I still think it's ugly though:Sad::Sad::ROFLMAO:
How much would gain by changing ???????????
Remember ''the devil you know''
I hope you make the best decision
Nigel & Pamala
BTW-- glad your recent trip went OK:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Jot down some pros and cons for each option over a few days as you think of them. That might help you decide what is best for you.

Think Graham has the right idea, make a list of pro's and con's always helps me make a decision.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Don't listen to them ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Dave.....

way way to sensible.

Life's most difficult decisions should be carried out by the following......

Toss a coin, heads for one tails for other.

Ok so now down to one van,,,,, Toss again, heads for the winner of the last tails for a Hymer.

Problem solved, and if it goes wrong you can just blame your skills as a tosser :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck and welcome home, ps Ill miss the little VW going round Crewe

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Why not advertise both for sale at prices you would be delighted to receive.

If one sells keep the other.... If they both sell buy another one and if neither sells it means you are not meant to change yet!

JJ

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
There is a very simple answer - just weld them together and take them both with you :RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
What about renting them out instead of selling them.

Plenty more shows coming up and you may see something you do actually like that better suits your needs.

Within your pros and cons also look at destinations you would like to visit in the future and how suitable each vehicle is for the country and the length of trip you want to take.

Good luck on whatever you decide

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Keep the RV, sell the eurobox and buy a decent toad.

Job done :thumb::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Keep the RV, sell the eurobox and buy a decent toad.

Job done :thumb::thumb:

:ROFLMAO: may as well buy a car and caravan ::bigsmile: Sell the RV and use the VW at least you will be able to afford the fuel :thumb:
terry

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Why do you need it all the time? Is it a daily work runner? or just for use in smaller places?

You could always retire the RV and go for a 5th wheel, which would give you RV comfort, and a daily runner/small village visiting vehicle in one package.

A c-class can the be taken instead for more local or size restrictive holidays.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
:ROFLMAO: may as well buy a car and caravan ::bigsmile: Sell the RV and use the VW at least you will be able to afford the fuel :thumb:
terry

So your saying an RV is the same as a caravan :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone who owns an RV will tell you the cost of the fuel is offset by a very long way for all the space and comforts you get with the big lump dragging you along. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So your saying an RV is the same as a caravan :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Anyone who owns an RV will tell you the cost of the fuel is offset by a very long way for all the space and comforts you get with the big lump dragging you along. :thumb:

No Dazzer :ROFLMAO: I just think toads defeat the object of having a M/H
:hardhat::hardhat:
Any one full timing then yes a toad is good but in my mind the van gets us from A to B and all our running around without loosing the benefits of the van-loo,cooker etc- that I want to use during the day :thumb:If a delivery van can get there so can I :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::winky:You loose that in a car :Doh:
terry

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
No Dazzer :ROFLMAO: I just think toads defeat the object of having a M/H
:hardhat::hardhat:
Any one full timing then yes a toad is good but in my mind the van gets us from A to B and all our running around without loosing the benefits of the van-loo,cooker etc- that I want to use during the day :thumb:If a delivery van can get there so can I :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::winky:You loose that in a car :Doh:
terry

Hi Terry...you ever owned an RV??

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
We have had an RV and a large european and now a self build LWB van.

Fulltiming aside the best van for us and our daughter is the self build we currently have. Its so nice to be able to be able to use the vehicle all the time.

Holidaying is now exactly that, we know we can go anywhere, there is no planning needed, super market carparks are as easy as in a car, we can accept the fuel bill rather than wonder if £200 for a weekend away is acceptable etc etc.

And no issues with campsites

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
We have had an RV and a large european and now a self build LWB van.

Fulltiming aside the best van for us and our daughter is the self build we currently have. Its so nice to be able to be able to use the vehicle all the time.

Holidaying is now exactly that, we know we can go anywhere, there is no planning needed, super market carparks are as easy as in a car, we can accept the fuel bill rather than wonder if £200 for a weekend away is acceptable etc etc.

And no issues with campsites
That's just the same as us :thumb:Went from 2 to 4 to 6 and now back to a very comfy 2 with the odd 3 berth :winky:
Any pics of your self build ?
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back