Cheap "B" grade 120watt solar (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Link Removed

Near Cardiff, to far for me :cry: otherwise I would have a couple.

Ian

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Link Removed

Near Cardiff, to far for me :cry: otherwise I would have a couple.

Ian

That looks like a good deal compared to the other 120W panels on Ebay. :thumb:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Didn't read the the sale details properly :Doh: they will send them for £30 a time but no insurance. Just asked if two could be sent face to face, so reducing the chance of the glass getting broken.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I always thought that if one cell goes down then the whole line that cell is in also goes down, a little bit like batteries.

Doug...

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Don't let Karl see them :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
terry

I saw them before I ordered my cells. Decided against them due to too far to go and not knowing how badly damaged the cells were.:winky::ROFLMAO:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Ordered Solar Panels. Fingers crossed.

I looked at the UK b Grade panels but decided against them and decided to order Grade A solar panels from ebay 2x100w including 20amp controller £436.35. Warranty: 5 years for whole product, manufacturer warranty, 90% output within 10 years, 80% within 25 years. I could have ordered it without the bundled controller for about £16 less.
I know that Grade A and Grade B are open to different interpretation and warranties are pot luck but communications with the company have been good so far.
They told me PRIOR to purchase that they were on route to their UK depot and would not be in stock in UK until 9th or 10th May. They informed me there was a 2 day extra delay clearing customs. Now I understand they are on route to me from Portsmouth.
The cost included delivery. After talking to Hilldweller he mentioned that the latest thing was an MPPT Solar Regulator/controller, so I decided to order one of these from the same company. (I'll then sell the bundled controller on ebay).
So the 100w panels cost around £210 each inc delivery. The bundled Controller £16 ish.
The price has increased slightly in the last 10 days or so with their new listing of the product.
Had a couple of new 100 amp batteries fitted last week ready for the solar panels.
I will post more info when they arrive or after fitting.

This is the new listing after the price increase: Link Removed

Regards Brian in Sunny Macclesfield (I hope so after ordering solar panels!)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Uh oh. They are the same company I ordered my MPPT controller from. It took over 2 weeks to get here. It is not UK stock and I have complained to Ebay about them. They have multiple ebay accounts selling the same stuff.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
In the ad it says you can pick the panels up, so they must be in stock. They claim they are made at their factory in Wales, and give the address so seem pretty legit.

Ian

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
In the ad it says you can pick the panels up, so they must be in stock. They claim they are made at their factory in Wales, and give the address so seem pretty legit.

Ian

Sorry I was responding to Brian (1Oll) on the ebay link he gave.
I would trust the welsh company as they appear to be the actual manufacturers of the panel.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
oops sorry. :Blush:

Ian

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
UK Stock or Not. Very fair Advert

The company I ordered from had "UK Stock" on the advert. But they had added that their UK stock was arriving on 9th or 10 of May. The exact wording changed from 9th to 10th May during the time I was deliberating. I thought the ad was very fair and above board. They also told me that there was also a slight delay clearing customs. Remember, the warning that they were out of stock was clearly worded, in RED in their advert.
Many companies run out of stock and then re-stock. Last night I received this email:
We delivered it by parcelforce yesterday, the tracking number is PBxxxxxxxxxxx,pls track it.
And it should arrive you in these two days.

WORDING COPIED FROM THE ADVERTISMENT:
pls note, this item will be shiped on about May 10th, pls confirm you can accept it before you buy it, thanks

All the goods will be shiped within 1-2 working days after receive the payment. We will not ship goods on the weekend.

There is NOT tax & vat to UK and other European Union countries!

Pls give us your phone number for the courier to reach you.

Ship by parcelforce express 48 to UK, takes 2-3 working days to arrive.

Ship by DPD to other European Union countries, takes 3-5 days to arrive.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Perhaps they added this wording after my complaint to them and to ebay last week. I was surprised by how quickly ebay acted on it.:Smile:

The company contacted me to ask me to rescind my neutral rating and offered me £5. As they haven't changed the advert:Doh: on my item I won't be taking them up on this. I didn't give them a negative as I did eventually get the product. This is the first time I have given anything other than a positive review.:Sad:

I was unhappy because I ordered it specifically from a UK Stockist so that I could get it fitted at the same time as I was getting my Battery to Battery charger fitted and gave the uk stockist a week to deliver.

I regularly order from China, Poland and others quite happily and expect there to be a longish wait for them. But when an advert says uk stock I expect it to be uk stock.....

The other thing I didn't like was that none of their skype contacts worked so I couldn't contact them.

Have fun fitting your panels by the way :Smile:

If you are happy with them that is great, honest ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back