Coffee is a must!! (1 Viewer)

labsRus

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adamo 75-4i
Exp
I am looking for advice. We are new to the motor home world. Is it possible to power an nespresso maker in a motorhome? I might have to drag out the cafeteria if not. Can’t beat my morning coffee ✌️

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes you can power a Nespresso machines in a motorhome, but if you’re off grid you’d need a pure sine wave inverter, sufficient battery storage and sufficient re charging

It’s worth the effort if you love good coffee

Deleted User
We use one of these, no faff, cheapish, minimal cleaning, compact and only heat the water you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_100101_488.jpg
    IMG_20201220_100101_488.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 43

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
Bialetti Moka Express and a good coffee bean grinder. (y)
We don't use the coffee grinder but I can recommend the Bialetti Moka Express! Ours has been used many times daily for the last ~8 years and in that time it has only needed one new seal (I got 4 for £5)

We have the 6 cup version and decant the mix into three mugs equally and top up with water for a nice mug of coffee... If I'm feeling extravagant I fire up the Nespresso Aeroccino 4 milk heater / frother and have a tall one

We use supermarket own brand Italian Roast (4 Strength) generally and really like it

I've also got a great little Nanopress that the boys bought me for use in the Moho

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Aero press is the way forward. No power required. I’ve been using mine a couple of years now and I’m still impressed with it. Not quite as good as my gaggia classic but not bad.
We have the aeropress and a small hand bean grinder.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We have the aeropress and a small hand bean grinder.
Love my aeropress, not a coffee afficianado so I just buy one which has a good description.
That’s at least three of us aero press fans. One of the best things about aero press is there are no little plastic pots going to waste unlike a lot of the modern machines. Coffee really doesn’t need to be in little plastic pots.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have tried many ways to make coffee in the van over the years, at the moment we have gone back to a cone filter and filter papers.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I agree with Riverbankannie, AeroPress using the “Inverted Method” is far superior to my Nespresso machine.
Not quite sure what the "Inverted Method" is, but aeropress is the easiest to use and store - the storage case is the size of a regular pencil case.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes you can run a Nespresso machine from an inverter but it needs Pure Sine wave, for the first coffee of the day in the motorhome I like a mug full so use the Aeropress, I then use the Nespresso machine and microwave for a Latte when Mrs funflair is up and about so around 11:30 ;)

The Nespresso machine actually uses very little power as it's on for such a short period, OK it's a big draw off the batteries so you need a reasonable sized bank but thats to deliver the peak rather than the capacity, a smaller amount of LiFePO4 would do the job as they are better at big demands.

OP
OP
labsRus

labsRus

Free Member
Dec 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adamo 75-4i
Exp
😝

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Crumbs, may I say that after reading this thread I would feel guilty inviting any of you to mine for a coffee... apart from Les W... so please all invite me to yours. Thank you. :)
Joy, I have family members who are "Coffee Connoisseurs", I tell them I have something special for them and just put a bit more instant stuff in their cups and they know no difference.

Much the same with the wine snobs..:xrofl:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We did think of getting a pod machine for the mh as ours at home is used a lot, however finding space for the machine and also the pods (we like different ones) seems a problem. Running one no prob from our inverter.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We use one of these, no faff, cheapish, minimal cleaning, compact and only heat the water you need.
We also use a stove top Mocha Pot for coffee in the motorhome. Combine it with proper Italian coffee (Lavazza Rossa) and you get the authentic taste of Italy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back