It’s the morning of the SORNing (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
When paid in full they normally refund the remaining total by cheque. Don’t know how they do it if you were paying by instalments or by DD, but you say that you are not, so should have got it all back
:doh: Just been looking through my bank statements and discovered that for the first time ever I've paid the Road Tax by monthly direct debit as I had a big repair bill for the car the same week that the tax was due and also had the van serviced and hab check too. I remember it well now as I was on furlough too. The stuff nightmares are made of.
I had plans for that DVLA refund :doh:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
:doh: Just been looking through my bank statements and discovered that for the first time ever I've paid the Road Tax by monthly direct debit as I had a big repair bill for the car the same week that the tax was due and also had the van serviced and hab check too. I remember it well now as I was on furlough too. The stuff nightmares are made of.
I had plans for that DVLA refund :doh:
Your direct debit probably went out a couple of days after you sorned so that's what they have refunded. That's what happened to me.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I sorned on 27th November.
Pay by direct debit monthly.
The 1st of December came and the VED was taken !!
I looked up on the .gov website and it did state that if payment was taken after a SORN it would normally be returned within 10 day.
Bang on 10 days later. Refund received. So the system works. 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I sorned on 27th November.
Pay by direct debit monthly.
The 1st of December came and the VED was taken !!
I looked up on the .gov website and it did state that if payment was taken after a SORN it would normally be returned within 10 day.
Bang on 10 days later. Refund received. So the system works. 👍
Yep mine arrived back in my account today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back