LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I was searching for another security measure to protect our motorhome from theft, and thought of the excellent clutch claw, as was marketed to motorhomers at shows a few years ago. Not a bad price at £119, but the ability to fit an automatic van was a bit vague and non comital from the company. So the search went on, and on eBay I found several similar devices at all sorts of pricing

The one that caught my eye was a product made by a small engineering firm who do welding on site and in their workshop. I was a little concerned as it was so cheap, £60 including delivery and a decent lock. The lock is at least half that value, as it is pretty substantial. The rest is 2 pieces of 8mm steel plate, lazer cut, welded and painted a nice blue colour.

Upon delivery I unpacked the pedal lock and was immediately impressed with the obvious quality of the finish and how it fits together. The lower part goes beneath the pedals, with a plate that fits on top. All secured with a substantial lock on the top, which would take a lot of work to cut off and is impossible to attack with bolt croppers like a normal padlock

Out of the packaging
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 12.28.16 PM.jpeg

Taken apart to fit, just 3 parts
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 12.28.05 PM.jpeg

First slide the bottom slotted plate under the pedals, with the pedal arms in the slots and move it to an upright position
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 12.27.54 PM.jpeg

Drop the other steel plate on the top, covering the lower plate and leaving the hole for the key
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 12.28.27 PM.jpeg

Then open the lock and slot over the hole in the plate. I found that the key needs turning a full 90 degrees so the key faces up and down. Then press the lock barrel in and turn the key. As simple as that
WhatsApp Image 2020-12-07 at 12.28.37 PM.jpeg

This lock is very substantial and secure. I can highly recommend this to any motorhomer or even a van owner as a very good investment for the security of your vehicle.

I purchased direct from their website and got 2 free window stickers in addition. All in a bargain at £60 and models available for most popular vans, whether automatic or manual. I have absolutely no connection to this supplier and this review is intended to be helpful to other members. I did ask about a discount for other members, but at this price the margins are very tight. Also happy to help a small business in these troubled times

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I was searching for another security measure to protect our motorhome from theft, and thought of the excellent clutch claw, as was marketed to motorhomers at shows a few years ago. Not a bad price at £119, but the ability to fit an automatic van was a bit vague and non comital from the company. So the search went on, and on eBay I found several similar devices at all sorts of pricing

The one that caught my eye was a product made by a small engineering firm who do welding on site and in their workshop. I was a little concerned as it was so cheap, £60 including delivery and a decent lock. The lock is at least half that value, as it is pretty substantial. The rest is 2 pieces of 8mm steel plate, lazer cut, welded and painted a nice blue colour.

Upon delivery I unpacked the pedal lock and was immediately impressed with the obvious quality of the finish and how it fits together. The lower part goes beneath the pedals, with a plate that fits on top. All secured with a substantial lock on the top, which would take a lot of work to cut off and is impossible to attack with bolt croppers like a normal padlock

Out of the packaging
View attachment 447728

Taken apart to fit, just 3 parts
View attachment 447727

First slide the bottom slotted plate under the pedals, with the pedal arms in the slots and move it to an upright positionView attachment 447729

Drop the other steel plate on the top, covering the lower plate and leaving the hole for the key
View attachment 447730

Then open the lock and slot over the hole in the plate. I found that the key needs turning a full 90 degrees so the key faces up and down. Then press the lock barrel in and turn the key. As simple as that
View attachment 447731

This lock is very substantial and secure. I can highly recommend this to any motorhomer or even a van owner as a very good investment for the security of your vehicle.

I purchased direct from their website and got 2 free window stickers in addition. All in a bargain at £60 and models available for most popular vans, whether automatic or manual. I have absolutely no connection to this supplier and this review is intended to be helpful to other members. I did ask about a discount for other members, but at this price the margins are very tight. Also happy to help a small business in these troubled times

Looks good, would you have any idea of the weight of it ?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Looking at there web site they sell one for a Mk6 Transit at £60. I will put some thought into this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Bought one for My 2010 Ford Transit.
RRP £60, cost only £48 with 20% ebay promotion.
Good quality, 2 keys included.

Graham Pierpoint

Free Member
Sep 16, 2017
Crewe
Funster No
MH
Elddis 105
Exp
Purchased one for my MH with it being in storage, very impressed easy to fit and another good deterrent. Advert in c&mh magazine this last issue.
Phone them payed over the phone well impressed

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
TheBig1 A great review. What do you think the purpose of the small welded lug on the front is? Does anything protrude out the back?
It is a stabiliser foot, probably because the designer anticipated the plate falling over before the lock is on. Not likely as it is a snug fit from the floor to the underside of the pedals. the gap may vary though, depending on van/a class or carpet thickness

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Cheers John TheBig1 ....I almost bought one a while back but wasn’t sure how stable and secure it would be under the pedals.

Thanks for the info

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If anybody is interested eBay has the 20% of again on these so you can get them for £48 just enter "picksmall" in the voucher code when paying (y)
Thankyou for the code, just bought another for my other van

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Mine arrived today as well. Sitting in the garage waiting for the virus to die off before fitting. Certainly feels like a substantial lump of metal.
Thx for the original post and the discount code.

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Arrived today.Substancial bit of kit.Great value.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
A question of those who have bought this device.

Do you find it awkward to fit and remove it ?

Can you fit it while sitting in the drivers seat. I was sitting in the drivers seat of ours and wondered how to fit it while there was the obstruction of the steering wheel.

Or do you have to stand outside and fit it while the drivers door is open?

OP
OP
TheBig1

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Can you fit it while sitting in the drivers seat. I was sitting in the drivers seat of ours and wondered how to fit it while there was the obstruction of the steering wheel.

I have no driver's door on my A class Rapido, so part knelt between the seats and leaned over to install. Very easy to fit and with practice takes seconds

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive

I put mine on from inside, between the seats. It maybe easier from the drivers door but it was raining and it really wasn’t difficult or an issue from inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back