Clear panels in awning? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi wife is complaining that with the awning out its a bit dark in the RV, just wondering if its possible to get clear vinyl panels put in? Anyone know anyone who could do this?

Ian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Another idea Ian .... Google: " Sailmakers in Ipswich " .

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Morning Jim, I thought of sailmakers but would rather get advice from awning manufacturers, as I wonder if it will effect rolling it away. I presume they would weld or stitch the panels in and then how easily the seams would then bend around the awning roller?

I will give camping and leisure a ring.

Ian

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Morning Jim, I thought of sailmakers but would rather get advice from awning manufacturers, as I wonder if it will effect rolling it away. I presume they would weld or stitch the panels in and then how easily the seams would then bend around the awning roller?

I will give camping and leisure a ring.

Ian

There are sails about with clear panels built in and they do roll away, or to quote the nautical term "reef".

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi wife is complaining that with the awning out its a bit dark in the RV,
Ian

Ah, but put a window in it and suddenly you get "It's too hot under this awning now, I thought it was supposed to be a sun shade".

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Tried sailmakers as well, and spoke to a guy at Parker and Kay in Levington, he thought it would be possible but without seeing the awning couldn't say for sure. So I will wait until Duncan gets our new one in a few weeks, and run it over to them. :thumb:

If it gets to hot Brian she can always sit inside. ::bigsmile:

Ian

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi Ian,

Have you considered a replacement awning fabric from Carefree?

They have what they call an open weave version ( called Fullview) which allegedly cuts sun glare but you can see through it...

Fullview

This open weave fabric actually cuts about 85% of the sun's glare, to keep you cool and comfortable - and you can see right through it! It doesn't block your view. It's 100% polyester with a durable vinyl coating.
Link Removed

Link Removed

No experience of it but it might be worth looking into?

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Brian, just googled that and apparently it allows the rain to "Mist in", I reckon it would then run down the inside and drip. I think its more for window awnings rather than patio.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back