Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
After our trip out, we gave the MH a good ole scrub today but found some really odd brown streaks/blotches but only on the bonnet so tried to scrub and polish them off but no luck :Sad:

He had his last scrub down in Jan & have never had this prob before. Had to T-cut the bonnet and lost almost a layer of paint before it would come off :Sad:

Not the usual black streaks that we all normally get.

Anyone else had this prob? Any idea what it is ?

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Do you park under trees? Wonder if it may be resin.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Elvis

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Do you park under trees? Wonder if it may be resin.

Steve

Well, I did wonder that, last night we ended up under one and we usually avoid them but would it have created so much so fast and sooooo solid and imovabale....mmmm

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
tree sap is usually pale golden yellow when first 'laid' so i doubt its sap.

could be fast drying bird shit.....dont mock !....bird shit is very acidic and will eat into paint.
maybe not that quickly thought :roflmto:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Probably run off from the luton. they often leave marks on the windscreen or bonnet if you have either mildew on the roof, or tired sealer on the joints. It could even be a little smog contamination after the recent good spell we have had - industrial fall out is quite nasty stuff - you never know!

I would initially look at the roof and sealing joints. If you have a window above, check the rubber is ok and not perished.

OP
OP
Elvis

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Probably run off from the luton. they often leave marks on the windscreen or bonnet if you have either mildew on the roof, or tired sealer on the joints. It could even be a little smog contamination after the recent good spell we have had - industrial fall out is quite nasty stuff - you never know!

I would initially look at the roof and sealing joints. If you have a window above, check the rubber is ok and not perished.

Thank you, they all sound like good possibilities :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back