Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have just bought a full chicken at a French supermarket and it was by my standards undercooked. It was mostly red inside and even after nearly cooking it to a crisp it was still mostly pink inside.
I have always been wary of undercooked chicken because of the salmonella.
Are the chickens over here in France like that or do most of you not buy chickens like that when here?
It tasted really really nice ,quite different to British chickens.
Was sold as a cooked chicken

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
let us know the outcome tomorrow......but not in too much detail :ROFLMAO:

if you re-cooked it and still only got it pink it may be the french version of a chicken.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have eaten quite a few over the last three years and lived to tell the tale.

We arrive over there on the 5th May and unless you report dire ill effects tomorrow we will eat several more.

Only ever felt a bit yuk whilst in France and that was after trying, for the first time, oysters and I suspect that was me not the oysters.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I have just bought a full chicken at a French supermarket and it was by my standards undercooked. It was mostly red inside and even after nearly cooking it to a crisp it was still mostly pink inside.
Are the chickens over here in France like that or do most of you not buy chickens like that when here?

Not to worry ..... i'm 52 Trish and love chicken no matter if it 's me or the supermarket who cooks it , it is always pink inside and ... see , i am still alive to tell you!

Have a nice time and if you find something suspect again , don't hesitate to ask ! So many things are different, you just have to learn , that's all,.... and that is why you are a foreigner when you are in France and i am just the same when i am to the UK:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A bit drastic, but...

lion-egg.png

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Oi you two have not told us where you are or more importantly where you will be when we get over there on the 5th may, assuming that is you survive the raw chicken:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
No ill effects yet. I hope to live to tell Tue tale lol. We are now in Soissions. Not sure if that's the right spelling. We are using acsI sites which saves a good deal of dosh I can tell you. The one we are in charges 34 euro a night but we pay .15. Tez is not brave enough to use Aires yet. Driving is brilliant. Even I drive over here where as in the uk I am scared to.
The roads are much better as you all said.
And yes . We do still have Susie. Haven't been tempted once. Her leg would be the same size as a frogs leg. What the point of that hoo hee hoo hee

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We got some delicious chicken and potato's from a french outdoor market a few years ago, Chickens were on spits rotating above a large tray of potato's. This made the potato's very tasty as all the fat and juices were dripping down onto the spuds.
The cooked chickens were replaced with raw one's when they were cooked.
Didn't give it a thought at the time but we become very very sick.:cry:
The blood from the raw chickens was dripping down onto the cooked potato's and I ate a large helping of them. I actually stood and watched the cooked chickens being replaced with raw one's.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back