Tam and Toby ~~ Hunting Zorba .....Take two. (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yeah pretty much

A german guy from here went to the police station this morning to ask what it is they want us to do because they have been coming here daily and taking one or 2 people to the police station .

The police cheif apparently said that locals who come past here on bikes or walking have been complaining that people camping here are not forced to the same rules as they are
He says they dont mind people staying 3 or 4 days but then to move on even if only a few miles so the locals don't complain , camping off site is forbidden throughout greece but off season they dont care as long as you move on regularly.

Seems mad to me during a lockdown but i suppose i see the locals point of view too if they only allowed essential journey's etc

He said it was highly unlikely to be stopped on the road etc

So i hope thats correct as ive been trying to do what i thought was right but they still not happy

So ill move tomorrow only an hour or so south to a nice bay ive spotted with a hike to a castle ...ill see how it is and stay maybe 2 days then move to next place
“a hike to a castle”.........................about time. After all those castles a couple of weeks ago I was actually getting to like them!........................Then pow! suddenly no pics of castles,nor ye olde hoose. Now we shall have the return of the castles,yippeeee. :LOL: :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well the curry went down a treat ... certainly clean plates all round and the pot scraped empty ....now im worried there wasnt enough lol ..

But all said they enjoyed it so not i dont feel so bad about every one else cooking all week

I think they are staying here for a few days more and then heading south east so i may meet up with them all again later ....but it will be nice to have a few days just me and the dogs doing our own thing
As long ws we can do our own thing and aren't stuck in the van somewhere

Will see how it goes anyway

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
And everything with bread ! Made a Chinese stir fry for a friend and he asked what no bread . Next visit I had made cannelloni and put out a basket of bread . He said oh no bread with Italian ! Fickle lot but got to love them . Hope your time with french has improved your thinking of french and France lol They love us Scots
I think it helps immensely when they can speak some English and are happy to do so ... unfortunately a lot of french people I'd met in the past didn't or wouldn't and with all the will in the world I can't learn french that quickly

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good luck with your move toomorrow. Have a nice night tonight with your friends.
BTW We've just read that Greece has the highest corruption rate in Europe. Perhaps you coud all club ogether and slip them a back hander and they'll go away
Yeah we were laughing about that the other day as none of the people who had been taken by police were actually fined ...all told that they would get a letter in maybe 3 years to appear before a judge lol

Perfect opportunity for them to say or give us €50 and its ok ....but they didn't so who knows

But theres vans leaving here everday ...kess than 50 here over the whole length of the beach .

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Won't do any harm that your new found friends get to know that you aren't clingy... that you're not going to stalk their every move, and that you're actually quite happy to travel on your own [well +dogs obviously]

But we need more info about the French lass that has you smitten...

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I think it helps immensely when they can speak some English and are happy to do so ... unfortunately a lot of french people I'd met in the past didn't or wouldn't and with all the will in the world I can't learn french that quickly
Unfortunately or fortunately nobody around me speaks English but it made me learn quick lol After 17 years i actually prefer to speak french lol
Pillow talk they say is the best way to learn so best nurture thé frenchie lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Won't do any harm that your new found friends get to know that you aren't clingy... that you're not going to stalk their every move, and that you're actually quite happy to travel on your own [well +dogs obviously]

But we need more info about the French lass that has you smitten...

Yes to be honest I've been feeling the last few days that i need time to myself which has been difficult as i get invited to eat lunch and dinner with them all every day and often a load of others too as they are incredibly sociable ....i on the other hand can often just need my own space ....i often think im an introverted extrovert ....like i enjoy company for a while but then i need a break to recharge for a bit or it gets overwhelming .... especially if a lot of people at the one time.

I also sometimes feel a little strange as they all talk among themselves in french a lot and im there not having a clue whats going on till someone translates which isnt all the time.

So yes a break is required and if they end up ahead of me as i believe they want to head over to the east coast straight away whereas i plan to follow the coast south first then ill perhaps catch up with them again later.
Unfortunately or fortunately nobody around me speaks English but it made me learn quick lol After 17 years i actually prefer to speak french lol
Pillow talk they say is the best way to learn so best nurture thé frenchie lol
Alas .. solen ...or soul as she prefers to be called doesn't seem overly interested in an auld scottish guy ....but trust me when i say she is very beautiful and like a hippy angel lol ...she has an old merc camper that inside looks like an old gypsy wagon ...but i think shes like mid 20's and wild as they come.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20 odd years old, and a free spirit - be still my beating heart... :h:...

Is she looking for a father figure :giggler:.

Change of scenery will probably do you all good, you're travellers after all.
If she was I'd be in there but I didn't get that impression and i can usually tell if theres a hint of interest that way or just friendly ....
She apparently comes from the part of France i liked too .....the south east Alps area not far from Geneva

It will do me good but i think all the french ....6 or 7 families plan to stay together when they move.

It seems the french way

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Go for it with Solen , Tam.

Remember - if you don’t ask you won’t get.

Whats the worst that can happen? She might be waiting for you to make the first approach.

Tell her you write poetry yourself and then nick some stuff off the internet to show her.

Good luck :giggle:

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Follow your instincts, females will always let you know if you have a chance BUT often flirt when they have no interest , it’s often difficult to understand these strange creatures , the best bit of advice I ever got was
( be honest with yourself as you know the answers ) , age is a barrier, language Is an even bigger barrier,
be cool , if anything happens it’s a bonus

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm in the category - you've no chance :giggler:...

...but if you don't try, will you live a life of regret, wondering what if...
Go for it my son, what's the worst that can happen, you're rebuffed, temporary embarrassment, never see her again as your paths go in different directions.

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Great thread keep it going. A couple of observations from your posts. A times we are quick to criticise our own country and rightly so about the pandemic, however your posts are showing there is confusion everywhere with this disease. Germany and its testing comes to mind, now getting moved on in Greece. Strange and confusing times everywhere.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Follow your instincts, females will always let you know if you have a chance BUT often flirt when the have no interest , it’s often difficult to understand these strange creatures , the best bit of advice I ever got was
( be honest with yourself as you know the answers ) , age is a barrier, language Is an even bigger barrier,
be cool , if anything happens it’s a bonus
Oh trust me i have good instincts and she isn't interested ....i think she's more into renau the didge player .... unfortunately he's taken lol but its obvious by body language she's in to him

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Great thread keep it going. A couple of observations from your posts. A times we are quick to criticise our own country and rightly so about the pandemic, however your posts are showing there is confusion everywhere with this disease. Germany and its testing comes to mind, now getting moved on in Greece. Strange and confusing times everywhere.
Yes its pretty much a shambles everywhere
The one benefit here is theres been few cases in this area ....most are in the north east of greece

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
To much partying Tam. We all like our own space. Time to leave the campsite and do some proper wild camping.😉

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
If she was I'd be in there but I didn't get that impression and i can usually tell if theres a hint of interest that way or just friendly ....
She apparently comes from the part of France i liked too .....the south east Alps area not far from Geneva

It will do me good but i think all the french ....6 or 7 families plan to stay together when they move.

It seems the french way

have you got their contact details so you can meet up with them again later if you decide you want to?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We never give our dog cooked bones....but I have lost count of the number of times she has raided them out of the bin....with no Ill effects
Cooked chicken bones are pretty dangerous as they splinter... Neighbours dog had to have an emergency operation cos he got a splinter stuck in his gut,,, £2 grand later and the dog was fine but the folk had to sell their car to pay the bill !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back